Air Arms sweet 16

BIG BILL

I fancy buying a sweet 16 ,has anybody got one /tried one/are they robust /easy to use/any thing else I should know.

I have never owned a phneumatic but have used a Air Arms 410 a few times and that was good but I fancy the bigger air capacity.

My trusty old HW80 has seen better days.

BIG BILL :lol:

Looks foul I think. A bit to SAS wannabe for me, I prefer the traditional style.

Having said that synthetics do have their pros. We have a synthetic stock and steel barreled .30-06, which looks the part, and is very practical. It doesnt dent or scratch, and if it ****** it down properly, the wood wont swell and it wont rust.

• 1 month later...

My shootin partner shelled out over £6oo for the full kit but had mega probs with leaky air seal.... had to send it back twice ....... he eventually gave up and bought an air-arms s410 ... i personally think they look good but ive heard of probs trying to zero laser to accurate distances

cheers

Murray :huh:

I think that the AA s410 wins hands down, although it has less shots per fill.

much easier on the eyes :unsure: better build quality, better after sales service, better trigger, loads of accessories available. you get the idea.

the S16 is very heavy and has a very long pull length, not really ideal for lugging aroud the fields all day, but its just about bomb proof and more or less an all weather gun.

If you do get a good S16 then your lucks in, but if not then a little work might be needed

if it was my choice id go for the AA s410. but at the end of the day its 'horses for courses' really.

also depending on what method of charging you use pump or bottle the AA is charged to about 180-190bar, (much easier using a bottle, if you have to use a pump its not to hard ) giving about 70shots .177 and 80-90 in .22 depending on your set up. all the AA i've had liked a diet of either AA own pellet, Daystate's or Lazadomes in 4.52 and 5.51

HTH nickc

• 2 weeks later...

:P I used a S-16 for the first time yesterday I got all 16 shots under a 10p piece at 30 yards so I was well impressed I am now looking to buy myself a pre charge.

The 16 shot mag is actually 2x 8 shot mag that you have to flip over after the first 8 shots but I found this easier to load than the mag on the Superten (bit fiddly)

Having the bottle as the stock was OK but I missed not having a cheek pad so a bit strange!

Yes the early ones had problems with the seals but they should be fine now if your buying second hand I'm told Logun replace seals on older guns no problem just send it back to them.

Do you have a local gun shop with a range? try before you buy?

This is where I used one, www.mendipclays.co.uk

Seen my wanted add?? :P