Charity Day On The Crown Shoot This Saturday

shoot and be safe

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning everybody,

It is a little chilly this morning but our first drive just produced several very nice partridge and pheasants. I am hoping for a good day!

OF, you are very noble to step aside, but I have been hoodwinked before, so up my bid to £850-00, just in case it is a ruse ;) The offer of a stick is very generous indeed and I will have a thought of a suitable subject. Let's talk in the near future.

As many of you are aware, I am in the field today, so further bids will be tricky for me now. So, £850 is my final bid and I have already made the donation through the Orchid Just Giving page set up by Teal. On good advice from Mrs B06, we paid using her account (I am paid via Italy - I am paid through an Italian bank, which causes problems with gift aid). So, by claiming the Gift Aid back, the donation amounts to £1062.50.

https://www.justgiving.com/PigeonWatch2014

So, I hope to read later that my £850 has survived attacks in the last minutes of the auction, I hope My Mini Champion gets to shoot and REALLY hope the day is great fun for all those who attend. And if my bid is beaten, it will still benefit Orchid, so all is good. If we lose, I shall invite Codeye Jnr on one of my days in the season - I would hate to shatter his dream of a day on the birds :)

Stay safe everyone, enjoy your Friday and most of all, smile and have fun. As my father often said before he died, you only have one life - if you don't live it, no one will live it for you. Or, as they say in our offices (full of mad Italians!!!!) Carpe Diem :)

B06

Beretta06 you are a true gent , to bid such as you have is amazing , but to give the day away to a young shooter is generous beyond belief .

Not forgetting OF part in this of course , I think you have both been elevated to PW legend status .

OF & B06....All of the above, just couldn't say it any better myself, so very very generous, thankyou!

Beretta 06 you are a star I dont know you from adam and to produce auch a gesture is admirable although we may stand to benefit from your generosity I think the true winner here is orchid and pigeon watch it just shows that there is still a lot of genuine people out there, not to forget the fine people of the crown shoot who without them none of this would be possible if I get to see you tomorrow it will be the icing on an already very large cake I feel very humble at the minute also a very large thankyou goes to old farrier who has been more than a big part of the process of raising a large sum for charity I hope I will see ýou all at the charity shoot this year the drinks are on me

Hi B06

Well done and may I say you are a very Nobel gent

I hope you have a good day today and

if you would like to think of a suitable subject for your stick something befitting a place in your gun room it will be my pleasure to have one made for you

Ryan gun

I really hope you enjoy the day and look forward to your shot by shot account of the day

Big winner here the charity 😊😃😀

All the best and have a great day on saturday

Of

Well done to all involved. Codeye you have a pm regarding accommodation.

A MASSIVE THANK YOU B06 for the generosity you have shown. A gentleman of the highest order. :yes:

Also a special thank you to OF in his quest to be victorious and the extra offer regarding the sticks :good:

A thank you to Paul223 for the nights accommodation.

Again thanks Mr Potter for the extra donation.

And above all thank you Pigeon Watch. This is a "family" I am proud to be part of.

The auction is now closed, so until next time, no more bids as they won't count and you may still be charged :lol:

I'm sure Orchid will do great work with the money raised. The main winner :yahoo:

Thank you

Mark

Edited by shoot and be safe

Well done to Old Farrier and to Beretta 06 your and your good ladies generosity is admirable.

Gestures like have been made on this forum makes it what it is.

Old Farrier I would be very interested in a price to have a shooting stick made by your friend of my cocker dog.

Hope the young champion and all on the Crown shoot have the best day. A restless night will be had by a few I reckon thinking of ways to make a great day better :good:

Will do my best to make this years charity shoot and hope to meet Beretta 06 and that Old Farrier our very own digweed ringer makes it again :good:

Good evening everyone,

I would like to make a request. When you all stop tomorrow for Elevensies and are charging your glasses with a variety of beverages, please would someone propose a toast, to 'all loved ones, who are no longer with us'. It would mean a great deal to me - even of you just say it was done! There is no sentiment better to toast.

Have a great day folks :)

I'm looking forward to the photos and feedback from all involved.

B06

Good evening everyone,

I would like to make a request. When you all stop tomorrow for Elevensies and are charging your glasses with a variety of beverages, please would someone propose a toast, to 'all loved ones, who are no longer with us'. It would mean a great deal to me - even of you just say it was done! There is no sentiment better to toast.

Have a great day folks :)

I'm looking forward to the photos and feedback from all involved.

B06

Hi

I'm sure they will all toast as you request B06

They are a very honourable bunch

Lemonade for ryan gun 😗😗

Hope you had some good birds today

All the best

Of

Do you have a preference on what tipple we should use (just to give codeye the heads up :lol: )

He doesn't know it yet, but he is paying for the table wine tomorrow night. A nice "Chateau Mouton Rothschild" the 47 was a particular nice vintage :yes: so we will have that :whistling:

I have a small drinks hamper made up for the day, all be it a little lighter after last nights bidding, but it is being replaced as we speak. We should have something decent for a toast. :good:

Edited by shoot and be safe