Shredding Maize

Just wondering anyone has a clever way of removing corn from the cob (maize cover). Our pheasants are wild and I loose feed and have been picking @ 100 every time and taking them home and removing the corn be twisting it by hand, takes time but good to mix with the wheat I feed. I know you will say just chuck cob on floor but trying to make it as appealing as possible, I have looked on youtube and seem a bloke using a drill and corn cutter (usa utensil), but have wondered if it would go through a garden sherdder.

Hi mate, we use an electric garden shredder. Made an adaptor to cover the top and reduce it down to about 2 1/2". Then just feed them in whole! Time consuming but pheasants and more so our partridge love it!

Any pics of adaptor, wattage, and make of shredder would be good. cannot be as time consuming as twisting it off by hand. many thanks.

As its getting towards the end of the season, can you mow a narrow strip of maize every few days? That would smash the cobs up, and the birds would have something to scratch around in

Don't want to ask farmer as I will need his tractors etc soon to sort the plots out, would have to travel over his fields and it's been a bit wet here.

Not sure on make but I know it was a cheap second hander! Adaptor wise was just a bucket with handle taken off and a hole cut out of the bottom to fit the pipe. Sort of acts like a funnel but upside down if that makes sense?! Can't do pics as I'm on my iPhone and not savvy to uploading things!

Not sure on make but I know it was a cheap second hander! Adaptor wise was just a bucket with handle taken off and a hole cut out of the bottom to fit the pipe. Sort of acts like a funnel but upside down if that makes sense?! Can't do pics as I'm on my iPhone and not savvy to uploading things!

get the idea the bucket is to stop it spitting it back out, what sort of size does it come out, think I will look for a second hand one and get it ready for next season many thanks for your input.