Essex police shotgun renewal!

Brad93

Just had a letter from Essex police saying that as they haven't received my renewal application yet they won't process it in time, what with Christmas I have filled it out but haven't got my referees details and sent it yet.

Anyway they are saying I need to either arrange for my RFD to hold them or give them to another shotgun certificate holder.

Surely they can just issue a temporary certificate as they're not exactly the quickest force in the country, my firearms took 10 weeks iirc

Just had a letter from Essex police saying that as they haven't received my renewal application yet they won't process it in time, what with Christmas I have filled it out but haven't got my referees details and sent it yet.

Anyway they are saying I need to either arrange for my RFD to hold them or give them to another shotgun certificate holder.

Surely they can just issue a temporary certificate as they're not exactly the quickest force in the country, my firearms took 10 weeks iirc

Ask for a Section 7 mate,they will try and say it doesn't exist though,as when they issue this it goes as a failure in their performance & and they would rather put you in illegal possesion than admit a failing in administration of a renewal.

I don't mind if they say I was late getting it in, but what with Christmas and that it just kept being put to the side.

Will ask for a section 7

My renewal went in on 26/11/14 and it expires 25/03/2015,hand deliverd it and asked for a signature as last time they lost it (although the cheque was cashed).Will request a sec 7 in the last week before it expires.

Wow that was well before it expired then they only dent me the reminder in december

For some reason Durham stated that 2015 is one of there biggest renewal periods and already advised me that it is unlikely to be renewed on time.I don't care as long as they don't do what they did to my mate,say they would issue a S7, then threaten to arrest him and denied he even called to ask for a S7.

Edited by Davyo

I thought it was common knowledge that many of the licencing authorities are struggling to keep up with demand, as Jason states above you are part of the problem.

If Essex police have had time to send you a letter detailing what you have to do then they appear to be trying to help the situation by reminding you to get your renewal paperwork in on time.

You've failed to do this, so they are telling you to lodge them with an RFD.

All authorities are loath to issue Section 7s, but will do when the problem is caused by their slow handling of the paperwork.

In this case you have caused the problem.

For some reason Durham stated that 2015 is one of there biggest renewal periods and already advised me that it is unlikely to be renewed on time.I don't care as long as they don't do what they did to my mate,say they would issue a S7, then threaten to arrest him and denied he even called to ask for a S7.

When my mate lived up alston he had to change address and the woman came out and said she wont pass his cabinet even though she did a year before it.so she kept his licences until he bought a new cabinet but left the guns in his care which was a bit strange.that was northumberland police.

I had two section sevens before i jacked it in and gave up .When i phoned telling them my firearm licence was almost expired they told me to put them in storage i asked for a section seven, and she that answered the phone did not no what that was . the woman that answered the call is one of the most unhelpful people you can come across,even when the FLO phoned from my house he was shaking his head and had to explain he was a FLO to get any sort of response from her .

they can, but that's when you have applied and the lapse in time is their fault, happened to me last year, but the onus is on you to send it in within the time frame, after all, would you let a driving license run out and expect them to issue a free pass?

17th February is still 5 weeks away think Essex have got a major problem if they can't do a renewal for a certificate.

I think that you'll find that's exactly the case, this is probably the sort of reason why it's going to take them over 6 months to process my FAC application...

Join the club I waited 3 months for my fac and 2 months to get a piece of ground cleared.

Well I sent my app two weeks later than I should have I hardly think that's 1.) Going to delay them more than they already are.

2.) Blaming everybody else

Some right big headed keyboard warriors on here.

A renewal should be 3 weeks to process add a week to arrange an interview max. Not 6 weeks plus. I read in the other thread someone has been waiting 26 weeks for their cert.

Brad93,

I don't think anyone's saying the delays in Essex are solely your fault, merely that your actions ( or rather, your tardiness in not acting sooner) and other certificate holders who do similarly, has not helped the situation and may in some small part, added to the already occurring delays ??

Edited by TaxiDriver

I thought it was common knowledge that many of the licencing authorities are struggling to keep up with demand, as Jason states above you are part of the problem.

If Essex police have had time to send you a letter detailing what you have to do then they appear to be trying to help the situation by reminding you to get your renewal paperwork in on time.

You've failed to do this, so they are telling you to lodge them with an RFD.

All authorities are loath to issue Section 7s, but will do when the problem is caused by their slow handling of the paperwork.

In this case you have caused the problem.

:yes::yes::yes:

Edited by Dekers