muscle rubs

darren m

heat creams or muscle rubs etc.

anything out there other than DEEP HEAT.

want to try something for my chronic shoulder pain , can only find deep heat at the chemist , but it just does not get hot or deep enough and only lasts a few minutes.

anyone use anything else

cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also get ibuprofen based rubs that help with inflammation, but don't know how penetrative they are.

I have a heat rub that is based on an Aloe Vera base cream, it works quite well but don't know how penetrative it would be. I could point you towards someone who sells those sorts of things.

What about an old fashioned wintergreen rub. I used to use those playing football in the winter, kept your legs and arms warm and muscles more supple.

As a more extreme solution, have a look at far infra red heat lamps or even sauna's, they have a much greater degree of penetration, but will cost a whole load more too.

I buy something called Reflex spray from abroad. Used it when working in Spain years ago and hurt my neck badly on a water slide. It was the only thing that gave relief.

Smells like ralgex and in a red and white tin but works when ralgex dosent.

Tried all the ibulieve gel rubs.

Try your doctor if not getting relief.

Edited by figgy

Tiger balm is the business.

If you know anyone who lives in Thailand or travels there get them to pick some up.

A mate who I worked with brought me some back.

There a liniment to add to a bath,heat packs and several variants to choose from.

My favourite was a yellow cream which heated up then cooled down like an ice pack, once you start to move about or exercise it heats up again.

Excellent stuff for general aches & pains

heat creams or muscle rubs etc.

anything out there other than DEEP HEAT.

want to try something for my chronic shoulder pain , can only find deep heat at the chemist , but it just does not get hot or deep enough and only lasts a few minutes.

anyone use anything else

cheers

i tried all the creams lotions & liniments i have impingement in each shoulder but they wont op as my HBA1C is too high , i had a cortisone injection its fine now at the moment

Well, 5 years ago I snapped my ACL in my left knee and was stopped from playing football for 14 months in rehabilitation after the op. I then began footballing again and after a game it was very sore and tender. My remedy was Tiger Balm.. I rubbed in Tiger Balm before training and also before a game, and I used to notice a difference after training and the game, no aches,pains, dull aches or locking. The place where I bought it from is if you have one in your area is Home Bargains. It's very popular in martial arts sports. I have retired from football now due to family commitments and I still use it to this very day before I go out shooting. The only adivce I'll give u is *REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER* :lol:

I buy something called Reflex spray from abroad. Used it when working in Spain years ago and hurt my neck badly on a water slide. It was the only thing that gave relief.

Biofreeze is good - my Osteopath recommends it too. I also get some similar stuff from my sister-in-law which she uses on horses (she is a vet).

I used Tiger Balm whilst living in Thailand. I've seen it for sale in poundland but don't know how good it is from there.

The best thing I've found by far is Dit Dar Jow. You would have to get it from a place that does Chinese medicine or a Chinese herbalist.

guys thanks for all the replys you have given me some good tips there.

as far as my shoulder I think it may be rotar cuff or impingement , are these the same thing ?? god knows but I,ve had it about year now and its getting worse , find it hard to sleep most nights and hard to lift arm above my head , get dressed etc.

the ibuprofen gel does,nt seem to do a lot but heat seems to help me move with less pain.

I did see tiger balm a while ago at the pound shop , is this the same quality as the stuff you are talking about , never heard of fiery jack but will look it up