Release the Kraken - Rum Drinkers

Puggers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another rum beggar here too, most pubs stock morgans spiced or sailor jerry round here, don't like the latter but will suffer the cap'ns wrath the next day, tried kraken and it's pretty good too, Bacardi oakheart as well. i'll look into some more of these others as I do like a drop or two. I did find an elderflower liqueur at tescos before Christmas, made some nice cocktails involving brandy and champagne, lemonade if you have a sweet tooth, I don't know if anyone else has made and named it yet? if not then i'm patenting it and calling it the slickfinger. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont know if anyone has tried Admirals Old J Spiced Rum? Had some last weekend and was bloody lovely, a really pleasent drink and for £20ish a bottle i thought not bad at all!

Definately pick some up if you haven't but beware, they do an overproof version at 76%.....will temporarily blind you

If you can get hold of a bottle of Morgan's Black Spiced (not ordinary Morgan's spiced) that's worth a go. Very good.

I am staying with friends in Oregon at present and they gave me some of their Morgan's Black spiced last night.

Very different to my usual Wood's Navy, but very acceptable

Dont know if anyone has tried Admirals Old J Spiced Rum? Had some last weekend and was bloody lovely, a really pleasent drink and for £20ish a bottle i thought not bad at all!

Definately pick some up if you haven't but beware, they do an overproof version at 76%.....will temporarily blind you

I need to try some of that!!

(also needing to try Morgan's Black)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I went to the Edinburgh Rum festival 4 weeks back... (£12 ticket for 15-20 free shots of rum to 'sample' plus 150 rums to choose from and drink at the bar)

Thoroughly recommend Cloven Hoof and Parlay rums. I can't remember much after having them, and the 3 on the Pussers stall...

I didn't know there was such a thing, I would have enjoyed that. Hopefully not as silly busy as the gin festivals now are.

I didn't know there was such a thing, I would have enjoyed that. Hopefully not as silly busy as the gin festivals now are.

Are you on Facebook?

Search Rum Festival. They tour all over the UK, did Glasgow early June and Edinburgh last weekend of September. The stands were quite informative and told the story behind their rums... there was a good turnout, comfortably busy without having to wait for samples/drinks

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2017 at 18:19, Harry Callahan said:

Another to add to the list.

Dark Matter. From start to finish it is Scottish - distilled in Banchory Aberdeen.

It is a dark spiced, with strong scents of Ginger. Goes really well with Ginger Beer but Iv not tried it any other way yet.

IMG_20171203_181052028.jpg

Do i spy Bathtub Rum in the back there Harry? Got some of the gin but not rum, any good?