Wind Turbines

ratus

Hi,

Are there any members on here, that are employed in the wind turbines industry, or have been, as I'm looking towards that line of work, and wondered what courses i would require to complete to hopefully become more employable in that field, any advice would be greatly accepted.

I'm in the Colchester area.

Many thanks

Ratus

Slightly off topic, but does anyone in the know have any idea what the recent low oil prices will do to (expensive) renewable energy like wind farms? I heard today on radio 4 that crude is projected to remain below 60 dollars per barrel for at least 3yrs, BP is cutting 400 North Sea jobs which are no longer viable (guessing just the first round of many). What's the break even for these infrastructure projects?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone in the know have any idea what the recent low oil prices will do to (expensive) renewable energy like wind farms? I heard today on radio 4 that crude is projected to remain below 60 dollars per barrel for at least 3yrs, BP is cutting 400 North Sea jobs which are no longer viable (guessing just the first round of many). What's the break even for these infrastructure projects?

I think the tariffs are garanteed for periods of duration sufficient to ride out fluctuations on fossil fuel prices. Whether they pay or not, the energy white paper (2010?) set us on the path to sourcing 20% of our energy from 'sustainable' sources by 2050 (?).

Edited by ack-ack

I think the tariffs are garanteed for periods of duration sufficient to ride out fluctuations on fossil fuel prices. Whether they pay or not, the energy white paper (2010?) set us on the path to sourcing 20% of our energy from 'sustainable' sources by 2050 (?).

Our commitment is 15% from renewable's by 2020 but once the ridiculous subsidy stops as it will and they only get the true market price rather than the taxpayer levied amount, the adverts will be for wind turbine demolition experts.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Our commitment is 15% from renewable's by 2020 but once the ridiculous subsidy stops as it will and they only get the true market price rather than the taxpayer levied amount, the adverts will be for wind turbine demolition experts.

KW

+1 Biggest white elephant ever.