692 and GMK

Chris_S

The workshop manager was useless, it was some other senior manager I spoke to in the end who I think genuinely wanted to help, then the workshop messed things up...

The guy I spoke to towards the end seemed he genuinely wanted to put things right , Then all goes pear shape when Malcolm gets involved

Best of luck ,I found it a long hard slog but got there in the end with both of mine :)

Edited by fruity

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the original one looked fine, its the replacement one that GMK sent back which is poorly put together, it will go back to them... again...

That's the one I am talking about.You should never be afraid to take as long as you like inspecting any gun on purchase or exchange as in this case.never accept anything that has even the slightest fault.If the gun that you have been sent is in the state that you say I think I would be taking it to an independent gunsmiths for a report and yes I know that will cost but you should recover that from either gmk or the dealer once either trading standards or yourself have taken the case to court.You as a consumer have many rights so do not be afraid to exercise them.

That's the one I am talking about.You should never be afraid to take as long as you like inspecting any gun on purchase or exchange as in this case.never accept anything that has even the slightest fault.If the gun that you have been sent is in the state that you say I think I would be taking it to an independent gunsmiths for a report and yes I know that will cost but you should recover that from either gmk or the dealer once either trading standards or yourself have taken the case to court.You as a consumer have many rights so do not be afraid to exercise them.

You seem determined to put the onus on the buyer to take all necessary steps to ensure the product is properly QA'd, but the point here as made by 'fruity' yesterday and myself a couple of weeks ago is that £3K shotguns with visible faults and shoddy workmanship should never be allowed to reach even the dealer, never mind the customer. The real question here is why... Why is GMK/Beretta trying so hard to drive customers away? Their guns would be good - if only they'd build them properly, QA them properly, service them properly and treat their customers properly. In other words: Do what CG does!

You seem determined to put the onus on the buyer to take all necessary steps to ensure the product is properly QA'd, but the point here as made by 'fruity' yesterday and myself a couple of weeks ago is that £3K shotguns with visible faults and shoddy workmanship should never be allowed to reach even the dealer, never mind the customer. The real question here is why... Why is GMK/Beretta trying so hard to drive customers away? Their guns would be good - if only they'd build them properly, QA them properly, service them properly and treat their customers properly. In other words: Do what CG does!

All I was getting at was if you buy a gun and it develops a fault then fine it is the dealers /importers responsibility to effect a satisfactory outcome for the buyer.However in the case of the replacement gun which clearly had m massive faults and visible it should never have been sent to the dealer that's true the dealer should have rejected it on the customers behalf.And lastly the customer should never have taken delivery of it. If you think I am a bit harsh then imagine how my dealer feels yet he is always happy to sell me a gun as fussy as I am.Atb

• 3 years later...
On 16/01/2015 at 12:55, fruity said:

May not bode well, certainly not is the answer

GMK/Beretta dont even know what customer service resembles

Cant agree with that i started clay shooting in 1986 with a 303 semi and from 1997 with a 390 in all those years i have only been back to GMK once , that was last week and that was with an old secondhand Cole trigger i bought . Had a new Trigger and Hammer fitted  for not a lot of money . Brilliant friendly service   Gordon Swatton the go to man for Beretta semi -Autos

Guest stevo

Gordon swatting is a legend when it comes to semi autos of any kind ! Great bloke. 

I have never had a bad experience with GMK over 30 yrs. all my emails have been answered within 48 hrs. They also have some gifted gunsmiths too. And workshop. 

I misplaced the stock key for my Guerini Maxum so emailed CG Uk asking how much a replacement would be. I recieved an email back within 2 hrs asking for my postal address. 2 days later i recieved a stock key free of charge. That is 5 star service and that creates brand loyalty. Had my Maxum 6 years and its never missed a beat.

Guest stevo
8 hours ago, JRDS said:

Well I have shot a 692 for the last 18 months or so, very well put together and shoots great.  A 10 year warranty for £50 is also a bit of a bargain. 

??cracking guns to shoot . Loved mine .

13 hours ago, paulinlincs said:

I misplaced the stock key for my Guerini Maxum so emailed CG Uk asking how much a replacement would be. I recieved an email back within 2 hrs asking for my postal address. 2 days later i recieved a stock key free of charge. That is 5 star service and that creates brand loyalty. Had my Maxum 6 years and its never missed a beat.

What has this got to do with GMK ? Let alone the 692 ? 

Guest stevo
11 minutes ago, paulinlincs said:

Stevo

Please feel free to read the original post where the question was asked -

What is CG customer service like.

So on that basis it has nothing to do with GMK or the 692 as i have no experience of either but do have experience of CG customer service.

Sorry I have just seen the bit your refuring too at the bottom of the original post , I should have taken the time to read it . Apologies ?

23 hours ago, JRDS said:

Well I have shot a 692 for the last 18 months or so, very well put together and shoots great.  A 10 year warranty for £50 is also a bit of a bargain. 

And that's all that really matters.

I still find it rather sad though that the 692 was released with a known design fault, inherited from the SV10s and which had 1st shown up in 2009. Between them, Beretta & GMK have comprehensively shot themselves in the foot with the unloved 69x series guns and associated issues. Hardly anyone buys them now thanks to threads like this one - and yet it was all so easily avoided.

Surely the wake-up call for GMK will be if dealers refuse to stock their products. If we as consumers use our legal rights to get the dealer to put things right they will soon kick back at GMK. Sympathise with the RFD, by all means, but don't let them fob you off by saying it's not their problem. It is because you paid them your money. GMK is the dealer's problem - not ours.

On 16/01/2015 at 13:28, super sharp shooter said:

I've had great customer service from Anglo-Italian. My auto developed a fault (split action) and they replaced the gun that was out of warranty.

I had to send a CG back to Anglo Italian. Absolute top service.:good: