Self Employed Tax Return

hushpower

Definitely get an accountant, you may well end up paying less tax than you thought you'd have to.

I think my accountant charged me something like 70 ish quid to do all mine n in had about 2k back. Well worth it.

Can do it yourself but **** it up and they want everything!

+1 :good:

As above, always. If "they" get it from an accountant they tend to believe it, if "they" get it from you they're more likely to ask questions. Largely because accountants know what can be claimed realistically.

Having said that, I think you're too late now and all returns have to be made direct by end of month, however I do stand to be corrected.

Personally, I always submit as early as possible, it gets it out of the way and I know what I owe.

My wife done mine for years then spoke to an accountant who mentioned he does loads of self employed tax returns bandied the figure of £70-80 as the norm. Thought ok save me some more tax, wife passed it all over to him all done barring checking it and submitting it. Got only half the amount I was expecting and got a nice bill for £750.00 from accountant. I argued with him and got it down to £500.00 never again. Asked why I got less than what my wife did, his answer was I don't like to put too much in then they don't look at me. I was fuming.

My wife does mine, you can phone and ask the tax office questions and they will answer them, very helpful but you can't ask what can and can't I claim for. They will only answer a direct question ie can I claim for computer, they will then answer that question in my experience. Nothing vague but direct.

Some one on here will probably work in this field and answer you better.

Edited by figgy