Another NV spotter

FalconFN

I put all the parts together last night and made my near eye spotter with built in illumination.

With compact but cheap lens:

IMAG0198_zpsezq983ag.jpg

And with a bigger 50 mm f1.4 lens.

IMAG0203_zpssgkqw9i9.jpg

It has a CRT viewfinder from a camcorder and the two buttons turn the unit and T20 on separately.

IMAG0202_zpsl3nxhdsj.jpg

It is just small enough for a coat pocket but I will probably hang it around my neck.

IMAG0199_zpsoa8nhclk.jpg

It is powered by 2 18650 batteries (I added a protection circuit for safe charging) and I used a Sony Exview 700 tvl mini bullet camera that easily gets past 300 yards.

The only problem I have is that the T20 causes interference when it is on low or medium power - no idea why, but I can live with that for now.

Can you post a parts list and where you got them - would love to build this a a scopeless rig

Parts list is tricky as the viewfinder came from a second hand camcorder and the batteries are from a laptop battery pack so measuremrnts and project boxes will vary, but the basic parts are a Sony Exview mini bullet can from Aliexpress (£15), viewfinder (mine was £6 but you could buy new high res colour one for £100), T20 IR torch (£35 for a good one), 12 v battery pack (£8 to £25 depending on quality - or free in my case), voltage converter (to power viewfinder and T20), ali project box (£8) and some buttons, solder, saw, files, drills, a lot of head scratching and a swear box.

It wasn't made to a plans or drawings but I had the rough idea in my head and it wasn't until I got the parts that I could figure out some of the problems - I kinda made it up as I went. Also for a scopeless unit you need a OSD controller to generate the crosshairs, which I haven't got on the spotter as there wasn't room, so making one with separate torch makes life much easier - and you wouldnt get interference at low power settings too.

Thanks. Yes you can buy cross hair generators or use the built in privacy mask feature of many cctv cameras to make your own - that is what I have done on my rifle sight, There are normally 8 areas available but I have only used 2 for the cross hairs, 1 for a holdover marker and 3 for a size indicator to help rangefinding (it is in the shape of a capital i so that the top and bottom lines are exactly the size of an adult rabbit's head at 35 yards). There are also other letters and symbols that can be used but I like an uncluttered image.