Heart pounding!

Underdog

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there is nothing in law which says they aren't, fact! By the OED and every other definition, they very clearly are. I suspect that in the absence of a legal definition of vermin, the dictionary one would be the starting point in any attempted prosecution of a shooter. I suspect the case would get thrown out in short order.

Thankfully it doesn't matter a toss what Durham do or don't class as vermin as they can only apply the law as it's written, not as they think it should be. We have already established that the law doesn't provide a definition of vermin, so its not up to Durham to make one up. Especially Durham with their atrocious record of poor administration of firearms law!

There was a big article about this very subject in the BASC magazine this a year or two ago. They concluded that a fox was most definitely vermin by any sensible definition and that if it was ever tested in court, it would be highly likely to go in the shooter's favour. They said they would support members in the unlikely event that anyone was prosecuted for it. This was in the days before they had full legal insurance, I suspect they'd be even more likely to support you now. Might be worth getting David BASC's view on here?

Thankyou for the debate :lol:

There is no specific law preventing the use of .22 or .17hmr against foxes.

There is no case law defining foxes as vermin.

Your police force determine what you can and cannot shoot with whatever calibre.

Get caught trying to be a smart **** and interpreting the wording of your license in ways which you know go against the policy of the issuing authority and you may lose your license, they are judge and jury.

Best Regards

Youngie

Apart from not caring to much so as to be fearful. I do really wonder how little shooting some opinionated people on here do!

Their assumption that more is good or better is a sure sign they have not really done very much at all or they pass up on a lot of shots not being able to lie down or faff with sticks, check the rangefinder and take a wind reading lol lol lol.

U.

Did notice that couldn't be *** to change it, well done with the fox on the chickens hope it wasn't 21g 7.5s

its 6 now :lol:

I hope not because it's a very good debate,and i for one is learning. :lol:

There are some mixed views and it it up to the individual if they want to use the 22lr on foxes.

This is a really useful thread.

Best Regards

Youngie

There

:no:

:yes:

Thankyou for the debate :lol:

There is no specific law preventing the use of .22 or .17hmr against foxes.

There is no case law defining foxes as vermin.

Your police force determine what you can and cannot shoot with whatever calibre.

Get caught trying to be a smart **** and interpreting the wording of your license in ways which you know go against the policy of the issuing authority and you may lose your license, they are judge and jury.

Best Regards

Youngie

So by that I can't shoot foxes with my .243 as that is only conditioned for vermin.......

As blunderbuss says it's not the police to make the law

My next picture might just be snow drops! I can shoot them with whatever and the thought police and normal police can't touch me lol lol

U.

keep doing what you do U.

I enjoy your posts and write ups, you have far more knowledge and experience than I am likely to ever gain.

this forum needs people like your good self

:good::good: :good:

Im just grateful I don't have my FAC in Durham after recent events up there I wouldn't trust their guidance on a spud gun to be honest

Lol. How about them fly swatting pistols!https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=images&source=android-browser-type&client=ms-unknown&redir_esc=&q=fly%20swatter%20pistol&qsubts=1422393066921&devloc=0&hl=en-US

Section 5 suppose :-(

I enjoy your posts and write ups, you have far more knowledge and experience than I am likely to ever gain.

Steady on now, your going to make me blush! ;-)

And so do i :good:

This has created a healthy debate and there has been no nasty degrading comments and people are expressing their views.

Not like my post where i got called an out cast by j DoG, this has been a pleasant debate.

and i also like to see underdogs pics of his fire breathing guns. :lol:

ATB

youngie

And so do i :good:

This has created a healthy debate and there has been no nasty degrading comments and people are expressing their views.

Not like my post where i got called an out cast by j DoG, this has been a pleasant debate.

and i also like to see underdogs pics of his fire breathing guns. :lol:

ATB

youngie

You started it you narna lol lol

U:-)

?is this your opinion or a statement of fact as there isnt a minimum calibre for a fox?

Sorry yes My Opinion and perhaps I should have put the word "traditional" in the statement.

I would willing to stake my mortgage that if you go round letting off a .22lr round on a fox more will run off than you will drop. ( That's my opinion !)

would you shoot a dog with a .22lr.

Sorry yes My Opinion and perhaps I should have put the word "traditional" in the statement.

I would willing to stake my mortgage that if you go round letting off a .22lr round on a fox more will run off than you will drop. ( That's my opinion !)

would you shoot a dog with a .22lr.

Show us the deeds and maaaybe.

U;-)

Maybe in your force area. Everywhere else in UK we have actual judges to do our judging and juries to decide on guilt or innocence. If you are happy to entrust this to the police fair enough, but not everyone feels thee same :)

Your not going to give up are you :good: