Heart pounding!

Underdog

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont need to test anything! simply call your firearms team and they'll tell you EXACTLY what you can and cant do!

The problem is that there is no consistent approach. Some forces have knowledgable, proffessional staff who abide by HO guidelines and give good advice. Others apply restrictive conditions, ignore the guidelines and make up policy on the hoof. Where they fall short we should feel free to question and if necessary challenge.

Well I don't know what bullets some here use in a 22 but I have never seen a 22 deflect off bone or anything living!

I have however seen many times explosive type varmint bullets driven from all the state approved calibers for fox blow up on shoulders and bones and totally not kill the fox without some nifty fast shooting!

Steady lead bullets like plodding through, faster bullets want to fail. All that energy is just itching to let go.

Some of you just can not of done that much at all!

Some of you just have little or no idea about you think you may know!

Have you ever witnessed a fast varmint bullet turn on a blade of grass just one foot in front of a rabbit? I have.

Have any of you seen a varmint bullet explode on a drop of rain? I have.

Have any of seen a 22lr explode on anything other than a rock? No nor me!

Some on here are just self appointed experts, the evidence of this from the complete lack of experience related instances. Just jibba jabba about plod and a load of what ifs!

If your all so concerned with it should you not be selling up? Should you not be selling your car? Do you have harnesses for visitors to your homes in case they need to go up stairs?

This is yet another example how the state keeps groups divided and most of you flop straight into the trap! Is there some kind of a prize for it? Do you expect an evening with the queen or something?

Get a life you boring lot of fools, take up knitting before some of you dissapear up your own back sides.

Admin, lock it down, lock it down now, it has become the worst Muppet show ever!

U.

Edited by Underdog

Well I don't know what bullets some here use in a 22 but I have never seen a 22 deflect off bone or anything living!

I have however seen many times explosive type varmint bullets driven from all the state approved calibers for fox blow up on shoulders and bones and totally not kill the fox without some nifty fast shooting!

Steady lead bullets like plodding through, faster bullets want to fail. All that energy is just itching to let go.

Have you ever witnessed a fast varmint bullet turn on a blade of grass just one foot in front of a rabbit? I have.

Some on here are just self appointed experts, the evidence of this from the complete lack of experience related instances. Just jibba jabba about plod and a load of what ifs!

If your all so concerned with it should you not be selling up? Should you not be selling your car? Do you have harnesses for visitors to your homes in case they need to go up stairs?

This is yet another example how the state keeps groups divided and most of you flop straight into the trap! Is there some kind of a prize for it? Do you expect an evening with the queen or something?

Get a life you boring lot of fools, take up knitting before some of you dissapear up your own back sides.

Admin, lock it down, lock it down now, it has become the worst Muppet show ever!

U.

Not done a lot then :lol: :lol: :lol::yahoo:

U.

I didn't see the Twin Towers fall over....but I know they did. :whistling:

U.

are you saying certrefire rifles are unsuitable for fox now, and the humble .22lr is the better tool now? You must like a mass debate! Why ask for admin to lock the thread now? Do you normally have the last word?

Underdog

This has been a fantastic thread,in some cases very informative and i for one have gained some knowledge so it has not been wasted. :yes:

I did not mean to TUT TUT but i was just frustrated at the full mag bit so i apologize for that :good:

Over n Out

Youngie

Underdog

This has been a fantastic thread,in some cases very informative and i for one have gained some knowledge so it has not been wasted. :yes:

I did not mean to TUT TUT but i was just frustrated at the full mag bit so i apologize for that :good:

Over n Out

Youngie

9 pages of pure bliss B)

Underdog

Over n Out

Youngie

Tis OK.

Come on everyone, group hug time. Mmmmwa X

U lol

Edited by Underdog

Interestingly, a while a go (about 2 years a go, so might have changed since with new guidance) Essex firearms dictate that nothing less than a .22 WMR can be used (so .17 HMR not allowed on fox here)...

However in Suffolk HMR is fine for foxes...

Think there needs to be a UK wide clarification from the forces themselves and a note saying about common sense for range etc... Close range surely a .22LR in the brain or heart/lungs will kill a fox, and the bullet will have bough penetration and energy etc.

however it's when people start pushing it and trying their luck that problems happen and then rules get put in place.