• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's my 1979 Panther Lima S2

F88F2CFA-5986-44EB-B9BE-1FB6D7DCE864_zps

Looking forward to driving her at the weekend, just had a new straight through exhaust fitted as the original exhaust finally died (not bad life at 26 years!) and a K&N filter (can't find replacements for the old one).

Also had the chassis stripped, painted and rust proofed.

Lotus Europa i think? not seen one of those in a long time

Is it a lotus of some sort?can I have a bonus point for the Fiesta zetec ?

Good guess chaps! Yup, it's a Lotus Europa, a John Player Special I might add :good:

It was my dads - I always wanted to have it restored for him for his 60th birthday but he died suddenly and I never got the chance. I went ahead and had it done anyway in the end - didn't feel right leaving it sat in a garage rusting away!

my Panther was my step-father's, he gave it to me just before he passed away. it'd been sat in a garage for 10 years, so i've brought it back to it's former glory which i'm sure he'd have been very pleased about (it's only done 5000 miles!)

my Panther was my step-father's, he gave it to me just before he passed away. it'd been sat in a garage for 10 years, so i've brought it back to it's former glory which i'm sure he'd have been very pleased about (it's only done 5000 miles!)

Good man :good:

My Lotus was last used in 1976 - 20,000 on the clock. And an eye-watering renovation cost :lol:

Is that car the right way up :lol:

Good taste for both of you, had a model F1 Lotus my cousin gave me in JPS colours.

IIRC the Panther De Ville was at one stage the most expensive production car in the uk according to my 1979 Guinness book of car facts and feats.

Here's my 1979 Panther Lima S2

F88F2CFA-5986-44EB-B9BE-1FB6D7DCE864_zps&&0

Looking forward to driving her at the weekend, just had a new straight through exhaust fitted as the original exhaust finally died (not bad life at 26 years!) and a K&N filter (can't find replacements for the old one).

Also had the chassis stripped, painted and rust proofed.

That is what a car should look like. Very nice.

Edited by Scully

ahhh i didnt know we could do cars too

heres my daily............

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=0eb101638a803f467914592958ee59c9&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=303967&p=2840946&md5check=3c64774a64af93719c2217ffc7ee9953&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,7HZS-hbNXdY');//]]></script> _57%204_zpstzl4lwp7.jpg&&0

_57%201_zps4nuyvamj.jpg

it just makes me smile :)

Very nice mate!! :good:

I used to have one of these, also 3 cylinders and 1 litre.

Wartburg Knight ? East German. Better than the Trabant LOL

One day it burst into flames

//<![CDATA[

(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0<d){for(var a=Array(d),c=0;c<d;c++)a[c]=b[c];return a}return[]};var m=function(b){var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c<d.length;++c)a=a.concat(l(document.getElementsByTagName(d[c])));if(0!=a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(c=0;d=a[c];++c)q(b,d);a="oh="+b.i;b.c&&(a+="&n="+b.c);if(d=0!=b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),c=1;c<b.a.length;++c){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[c]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax&section=topics&do=quote&t=303967&p=2740103&md5check=d73c09ed4b68f3b1f566f97bad7a6647&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,yzx27kwaNHI');

//]]>8123160313_3d9aacd593.jpg

Edited by Redditch

I used to have one of these, also 3 cylinders and 1 litre.

One day it burst into flames

Wartburg Knight ? East German. Better than the Trabant LOL

They certainly were better than the Trabi and well equipped for the time. Very cheap because the Ossies wanted hard currency.

The downsides were the terrible fuel consumption (two-stroke) and pollution (ditto) and less than precise handling, thanks to the freewheel (necessary to protect the two-stroke engine)

The upside was that you could have a new family car for peanuts in the 1970's

Edited by amateur