gopro 4 help needed

snow white

Not a lot of info to go on but , try starting from the beginning again . Remove all files from the card ( save the ones you want on the PC ) verify the cards size and resolution you are recording at. That will give an indication of how long you should be able to record for , I think I am right in saying that the 4 gives a countdown on the screen any way. Recharge the battery . Remove camera from the skeleton case and check record switch is free to operate and not sticking. Start it recording and leave it on the table or wherever it's not going to get disturbed and see what happens.

Ignore all that if it's new and take it back to wherever you bought it from and let them deal with it.

Edited by Ciderbooze

What's the issue?

If you notice that your camera is recording for significantly shorter than expected durations, this article should help you out. You should be able to record in 1080p 60fps for about 1:20 (HERO4 Black) or 1:40 (HERO4 Silver) until the battery runs out. This may be shorter if you have Wi-Fi enabled or are using certain bacpac accessories.

Where does it apply?

HERO4

How to fix it

Try recording in a different mode

The HERO4 Black features unique high-performance video modes: 4K30/24, 4K24 SuperView, 2.7K48/50, 2.7K30 SuperView, 2.7K 4:3, 1440p80, 1080p120/90, 960p120 and 720p120. When using these video modes, it is normal for the camera to become warm and use more power.

Using these high-performance modes in higher temperatures decreases camera recording time. In addition, lack of airflow around the camera, using the camera with the GoPro App, or in combination with BacPac accessories further increases camera temperature and power consumption, and decreases camera recording time.

For more on this issue, check out this page.

Make sure you’re using a known-good SD card.

Check out our SD Card Recommendations article for more information. If your card is too slow, the camera will stop recording because the card can’t keep up with the write-speed of the camera.

Charge your camera.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged, then we’re going to test out its ability to record. To properly charge your camera, power it off, then connect it to a USB port directly on your computer, or to a USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A. Leave the camera powered off and charging until the front red LED turns off. Once the LED turns off, your camera is fully charged. You can disconnect your camera from the charger now.

Reformat your SD card in the camera.

If you want to save any files that are currently on your SD card, please save them to your computer. Next, reformat your SD card in the camera by using the Delete All/Format function.

Record a video with your camera.

Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned off and that you don’t have any BacPac accessories attached to the camera. Then, set your camera to 1080p 30fps, and start recording a video. Your camera should record for about an hour and 20 minutes, until the battery dies.

Googled the above on gopro site. Not sure if it'll help?

Hi the card 64 gb new I just don't know how to set it up I used it straight of of box. I am lost when it comes to things like this give me a sheet of steel and I will make what ever you want but put something like this in front of me totally lost

Is your card a Class 10 as recommended?

Hi suffolkngood.the CD card was recommended when I brought the camera.card details sandisk extreme 64gb 3xci on the front on back 4511df49top8bn.I was using my mobile to work the phone wire less.I tried some setting last night and phone got hot so I did a reset hope I did wright thing.the gopro is a hero 4 silver

Ive been looking on line and it seems that this occurs when the memory card isn't fast enough.

This article explains this quite well. http://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/gopro-4-memory-card-recommended

Not saying that this is definitely your problem but many people report this problem and find its their memory card.

Ive been looking on line and it seems that this occurs when the memory card isn't fast enough.

This article explains this quite well. http://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/gopro-4-memory-card-recommended

Not saying that this is definitely your problem but many people report this problem and find its their memory card.

Great bit of information and very helpful as I have same problem and never thought about card as the problem but my card is sandisk ultra 64gb .....not recommended.

Thanks