Today's the day...

Archie-fox

So my divorce lands in the doorstep and the house sells Friday..

Today's the day I have to move out..

Bags packed removal men busy loading up..

Do you ever get that feeling that everything happens for a reason..let's hope this year things work out for the best!!! 2 weeks back at my mum and dads till I compleate on the two houses I bought, 1 to rent out and 1 to live in...

Onwards and upwards!!!

Good luck in your new ventures - sometimes things happen for reasons unknown to you at the time and can hurt you at the time but later you'll look back and wonder why as you are much happier elsewhere.

Yea been split up 6 months now so it's time to start again... New house no old memories...

I did pretty much the same thing back in 2000 (though we weren't married). Thought it was the biggest disaster in the world. Ever. Didn't see how anything could possibly ever be good thereafter. And you know what ? I couldn't have been more wrong. My life improved beyond all recognition (save for having to spend 4 months back with my parents !) and I can look back now and on any analysis thank my lucky stars that I am where I am now than where I was then.

It will be rubbish at times in the short term no doubt, but you sound already like you have the right kind of mental attitude to ensure the future will be brighter. Learn from the past rather than regret it, and move on - and keep posting updates as you create the new happy memories of the future !

My ex wife had an affair and walked out on me, and tried to get the kids, the home and the business. I fought her in the courts, and, although it cost me a fortune, kept everything, and had joint custody of the children. She married the guy she had an affair with and is now having a hell of a time with him. I remarried 15 years after getting divorced, and have now got a very wonderful, loving and kind companion. It was hard going through the divorce courts etc, but, she did me a favour, although I did'nt see it at the time. Life goes on, and you have to make the best of what you have. Good luck for the future.

I did pretty much the same thing back in 2000 (though we weren't married). Thought it was the biggest disaster in the world. Ever. Didn't see how anything could possibly ever be good thereafter. And you know what ? I couldn't have been more wrong. My life improved beyond all recognition (save for having to spend 4 months back with my parents !) and I can look back now and on any analysis thank my lucky stars that I am where I am now than where I was then.

It will be rubbish at times in the short term no doubt, but you sound already like you have the right kind of mental attitude to ensure the future will be brighter. Learn from the past rather than regret it, and move on - and keep posting updates as you create the new happy memories of the future !

An excellent post.

The short term may be difficult. The future will be for you to engineer. Good luck.