Shooting Insurance

I have taken up shooting for the last 5years. To date I have only been shooting sporting clays.

At present I have no insurance but wish in time to shoot live quarry, probably pigeons if I get the chance, so appreciate that I will have to get some insurance sorted.

From what I can find out there are two ways to go either BASC or CPSA.

What are the benefits of each and which would suit me best.

Also has anyone had any dealings with the Country Cover Club as they do insurance from £19-95. I suspect you get what you pay for but any comments either for or against would be appreciated.

Rich

There are many different organisations you can join - Countryside alliance, National Gamekeepers Organisation, British Association for Shooting and conservation. All do insurance but If you have been a shooter for 5 years maybe you should perhaps have joined when you started as all the above protect our shooting sports, even clay shooting. If you dont want to support shooting through any of these and other organisations, you can obtain similar insurance for about £ 12 - 20 per year.

Depends on what you main shooting will be.

If clays then CPSA as their mag and membership package is very much geared towards the clay shooter, but their insurance covers you if you pop off to go live quarry shooting too.

If live quarry shooting, than BASC is very much geared for that, that's what's in our mag, and of course the teams at BASC who are there to try and help you, and the BASC insurance also covers you for clay shooting.

If you would like a copy of our members mag so you can see what you are getting as it were, just PM me your postal address and I will send one to you.

David

Guest cookoff013

i was with cpsa a few years ago, when they campaigned to change the word pigeon to the word target there was quite an argument...

it cost a fortune, and was a major waste of money, time and effort.

i have been with BASC for a while now, i`m happy.

I have taken up shooting for the last 5years. To date I have only been shooting sporting clays.

At present I have no insurance but wish in time to shoot live quarry, probably pigeons if I get the chance, so appreciate that I will have to get some insurance sorted.

From what I can find out there are two ways to go either BASC or CPSA.

What are the benefits of each and which would suit me best.

Also has anyone had any dealings with the Country Cover Club as they do insurance from £19-95. I suspect you get what you pay for but any comments either for or against would be appreciated.

Rich

Firstly you "do not" have to get insurance to shoot live quarry its optional so go with one that suits your needs the most. Edited by Luckyshot

If clays then CPSA as their mag and membership package is very much geared towards the clay shooter, but their insurance covers you if you pop off to go live quarry shooting too.

If live quarry shooting, than BASC is very much geared for that, that's what's in our mag, and of course the teams at BASC who are there to try and help you, and the BASC insurance also covers you for clay shooting.

If you would like a copy of our members mag so you can see what you are getting as it were, just PM me your postal address and I will send one to you.

David

As always from David, a well balanced and honest answer.

There is more to belonging to an organisation than just the insurance, having a knowledgable 'friend' to act as a middle man in disputes with the police is probably used more often than anything else.

+1. And BASC are the only 'voices' I hear when something to do with firearms comes to the public's attention. I have been a member for many years, and will continue to do so. And I'm not a member for the insurance either.

David BASC, on 30 Jan 2015 - 1:10 PM, said:

David

As always from David, a well balanced and honest answer.

+1 :good:

David

Dont send him the mag once he see's how **** it is he might not join.

Think i will drive round for 5 years without insurance :whistling: