Lakenheath Clays

LThompson

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope they make a go of it, and put more effort into the Sporting layout than the previous owner, who was only interested in Skeet.

The ground still has great potential, with easy access and plenty of hard parking.

Numbers at Sporting events seem now to be at an all time high, with a lot more interest in the sport, now is an ideal time to resurrect a once favourite ground.

Cat.

Good morning All,

Here it is from the horses mouth as so to speak!

Over the past few months we have been in negotiations with the landlord of the former Lakenheath Clay Target Centre, and are pleased to announce that yesterday we entered into our formal agreements, and are therefore now in a position to reveal our plans to re-open the ground! The grounds new name is Eriswell Lodge, as we felt it appropriate to re-brand the business so as to show an entirely new identity.

There will be some very extensive refurbishment and general works being carried out on the site over the next two months or so, so please keep an eye open for specific details about when we are looking to be open for business again!

We have a Facebook Page (Under our new name - Eriswell Lodge Ltd), and are also on Twitter - @eriswell_lodge. We do have a website up and running - www.eriswell-lodge.com - but has minimal content on it at present (although we are having some minor publishing problems for the moment, so please bear with us!)

Thank you one and all for waiting so patiently for this once great facility to re-open - the wait is nearly over now! I look forward to welcoming you to the site when we are open for business gentleman!

Regards,

Eriswell Lodge Ltd

Good morning All,

Here it is from the horses mouth as so to speak!

Over the past few months we have been in negotiations with the landlord of the former Lakenheath Clay Target Centre, and are pleased to announce that yesterday we entered into our formal agreements, and are therefore now in a position to reveal our plans to re-open the ground! The grounds new name is Eriswell Lodge, as we felt it appropriate to re-brand the business so as to show an entirely new identity.

There will be some very extensive refurbishment and general works being carried out on the site over the next two months or so, so please keep an eye open for specific details about when we are looking to be open for business again!

We have a Facebook Page (Under our new name - Eriswell Lodge Ltd), and are also on Twitter - @eriswell_lodge. We do have a website up and running - www.eriswell-lodge.com - but has minimal content on it at present (although we are having some minor publishing problems for the moment, so please bear with us!)

Thank you one and all for waiting so patiently for this once great facility to re-open - the wait is nearly over now! I look forward to welcoming you to the site when we are open for business gentleman!

Regards,

Eriswell Lodge Ltd

Great news..........when you say "when we are open for business gentleman!" Did you mean no woman????

Great news..........when you say "when we are open for business gentleman!" Did you mean no woman????

Of course not! I was merely making specific reference to those that had already commented in the thread! Everyone will be more than welcome when the doors are open!

Of course not! I was merely making specific reference to those that had already commented in the thread! Everyone will be more than welcome when the doors are open!

Thanks, I was joking though, just tongue in cheek. Spoke to lots of people today with the good news, and all agreed we are looking forward to another shooting ground opening. It will certainly save us a few miles, and great to have a facility just an hour away! I am one of the shooters who remembers the great Lakenheath days.

Thanks, I was joking though, just tongue in cheek. Spoke to lots of people today with the good news, and all agreed we are looking forward to another shooting ground opening. It will certainly save us a few miles, and great to have a facility just an hour away! I am one of the shooters who remembers the great Lakenheath days.

How are you getting on Norma, mother of Neil?

Now, does anybody remember a good few years back, long before the recent Skeet obsessed and thankfully now departed ground owner took over, we used to shoot regular 50 bird Sporting shoots there, I'm pretty sure the Guy that ran them was Dave Fletcher, anybody remember those days..??

We also used to shoot another 40 / 50 bird re-entry at Hinxton Grange, near Duxford, run by Colin Saich, who's a genuinely nice Guy and still on the scene thank goodness.

Cat.

Now, does anybody remember a good few years back, long before the recent Skeet obsessed and thankfully now departed ground owner took over, we used to shoot regular 50 bird Sporting shoots there, I'm pretty sure the Guy that ran them was Dave Fletcher, anybody remember those days..??

We also used to shoot another 40 / 50 bird re-entry at Hinxton Grange, near Duxford, run by Colin Saich, who's a genuinely nice Guy and still on the scene thank goodness.

Cat.

Colin , who is one of my best shooting mates , didn't run the shoot. He lived and worked on the farm that owned the ground. It was run by Pymy (I forget his first name) and I think it was Arthur Par, but I could be making that up. It was an awful long time ago.