Lakenheath Clays

LThompson

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin , who is one of my best shooting mates , didn't run the shoot. He lived and worked on the farm that owned the ground. It was run by Pymy (I forget his first name) and I think it was Arthur Par, but I could be making that up. It was an awful long time ago.

Is that Pim Robertson ? his wifes name is Denise . I was told he had something to do with the shoot at Lakenheath back in the day.

Edited by hitclays

Pim and Denise did run Lakenheath long before I started shooting, but I know Pim's claim to fame is that he taught Suzi Quatro to hit clays and never stops telling me !!!!!!

I also remember Dave Fletcher running 50 birders, though I did hear sadly that he passed away, but those were the days !!!!

Sorry to hear that Dave is no longer with us, I am guessing that those shoots at Lakenheath would have been mid to late'80's..am I right..?

Cat.

Yes you are right, a lot of changes since those days. The club house was run by the Americans and if you were a member, the food and drink was discounted, and good stuff it was as well. The atmosphere was excellent, great fun was the order of the day. Still you know the saying "One door closes, another opens"

We are very pleased to announce that today we have entered into a strategic partnership with Laporte Clay Pigeon Traps and The Clay Pigeon Company based in Bottesford.

This is very exciting news for us, especially so as we will be using the all new machine design throughout our ground when we open!

More details about our other strategic partners will be announced in due course!

Stuart (EL)

Hi stuart,

This is all good news.

All you need now is a good target setter who knows how to put on a decent Sporting layout and the punters will come rolling in.

Keep them happy with a minimum of 12 stands for a 100 birder, employ proper scorers and you've got it made. :good:

Cat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Some news on the ground as promised!

The temporary clubhouse is due to arrive in the next two weeks - weather and temperature dependant! - and we are currently refurbishing the skeet fields, which is a mammoth task to say the least, but they are starting to look very nice!

Pictures of the main gates are live on Facebook and Twitter, but I can't seem to figure out how to put them on here....... Can anyone help?!?!

Stuart

Guest cookoff013

yep i`ll be going too.....

the excellent thing about lakenheath was it was open saturdays and sundays. most of the places i shoot are either pop up clubs or reduced hours on saturday.

Hi all!

Some pictures of the installation of the new temporary clubhouse this last week!

IMG_1162_zpsbakfjsww.jpg

IMG_1182_zpslbcs6rn7.jpg

IMG_1170_zpsku0an8px.jpg

IMG_1174_zps1nu4nz7z.jpg

IMG_1177_zpsascvejwv.jpg

IMG_1180_zpsln6gvcqm.jpg

IMG_1185_zpso6suqfxb.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsj8l00q2a.jpg

Plus a little taster of our Skeet range improvements.......

IMG_1161_zpsyrossosr.jpg

There we go! Thats the updates from this week, will post some more at the end of next week!

Stuart

Look forward to this re opening. Learnt to shoot there in the early eighties

Then it was run by the Americans only had skeet and down the line

American beer and food was great was cheap shooting as well used to bunk of work to go

It was still a good place to up until the fire if a little pricey / unfriendly

Good luck with the venture. I am sure you will do well

R33SY

Some more update pictures of our work on the Skeet ranges for you all to have a look at!

As it was before we started.......

image_zpsqzu0f77s.png

As it was during work..........

IMG_1096_zpsmpdjchek.jpg

IMG_1108_zpsffzj7aax.jpg

IMG_1136_zpskmcid4gh.jpg

Range 1 90% finished...........

image-1_zpswo8tkwzf.jpeg

image-2_zps5vm7jr8x.jpeg

image_zpshppib3aa.jpeg

Still a very long way to go, but things are going well!

Stuart