would you shoot a fox with a .410 ?

auto culto

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,

The .410's velosity is the same as any other shotgun, pattern will let you down though.

Pattern the gun and see where it starts to get patch and use that as your max range.

My guess about 15 yards.

Mark.

From what I've been reading on the .410, it's plenty good enough inside its limits. Just keep the range down :huh:

Foxes dont carry shot very well it would die anyway at a reasonable rang even if you didnt kill it outright.Iwould prefer to use something heavier on it,BUT a dead fox is a dead fox so yes shoot it.we have all shot things and seen them disapear into the distance so why should a fox be any different.We dont do it on purpose but it does happen.

as per title, if the opertunity arose would you shoot a fox with a .410 full ckoke using 3inch bb's ?

Yes without a doubt, but within 20yds or so. Try a 3" cartridge on a plank and see the effect, with full choke it will make a mess of it. its only the range that restricts them, :oops: D2D

as per title, if the opertunity arose would you shoot a fox with a .410 full ckoke using 3inch bb's ?

Yes without a doubt, but within 20yds or so. Try a 3" cartridge on a plank and see the effect, with full choke it will make a mess of it. its only the range that restricts them, :oops: D2D

I would same punch as a 12bore and i have done still drops it just the same, verman any how just take it a littel closer than normal and it will go down. :)

I wouldnt actively go out to shoot reds with a 410 but if one ventured into range 10-15 yards (which would happen bery often).then I would shoot it.......... no problem..................alot of people underestimate the power of the 12b's smaller cousin...................they are a very effective hunting tool