Cold feet

spready

When standing about this time of year i struggle to keep my feet warm, I've got a great pair of berghaus gortex boots that keep my feet lovely and dry but just can't seem to keep my feet warm, two pairs of socks too. what do you guys use? anything you can recommend? looked at the thermal foil and fleece lined inserts , just wonder if they will work?

Edited by spready

If you are in the hide shooting try a bit of Celotex. sounds daft but get a piece 150 mm thick, notch out around your feet to a depth of 80 mm cover in something to cammo it and when sitting put your feet in. insulates from the cold ground and reflects any heat lost from your foot wear. use the cut out piece to sit on.i promise it works

Scrunched up newspapers in the bottom of your wellies ,best insulation ever. from Auntie.

I used to stuff my rubber wellies with meadow hay and change it at lunch time and afternoon tea. Great for trapping moisture and nice and warm. Thankfully neoprene means i no longer have to.