Renewal held up

mcw65

The only reason they are reluctant to issue a S7is because it goes down as a failure in their statistics and a bad mark against their performance.But if you are late sending in your renewal then they will rightly refuse on those grounds.My renewal has been in since 26/11/14 and licence expires on 27/03/15 no doubt I will be requesting a S7.But I will be asking the officer for their name and noting the date and time because when my mate rang they said they had no record of his call and even denied a S7 existed and threaten to arrest him.However the out come was ok but a lot of stress purley down to incompetence as renewal was sent in well in advance but just a lot of lying by the licensing department to cover up their mistakes.

If your late t hen its your fault a S7 refused,but for officers to make a respectable FAC/SGC holder illegal rather than admit their failing is rather worring.

Edited by Davyo

I had sect7 issued ,they have had my paper work since oct,rang them and they said it was in the hands of the firarms officer to call and arrange visit.Not allowed to purchase any ammo at all rifle or shotgun with sect 7.Got a gun at gun shop to pick up but cant with sect 7.Total mess lincs police.My friend has just recieved his paper work for rifle and shot gun 4 weeks before it runs out.Rang them before xmas and was told if you send it in before we notify you its due we will send it back ?????????