How did your beaters day go?

stumfelter

We had our beaters day on Sat and a good day was had by all, hopefully! We ended the day with 54 pheasant and 5 partridge. My contribution was 5 pheasants (walking gun, birds going back) and 3 pigeon while roost shooting later. In the keepers room we stayed till 8pm reminiscing about days this season and past and next season seems a long way away with lots of work in between. I hope you all had a happy beaters day and roll on September.

Sounds like you had a cracking day. I've been on two beaters days this season. One was a small farmers shoot. We shot a small bag of 26 mainly pheasant. However it was an excellent day. Different ground and two snipe drives and a feral pigeon drive which were both firsts for me. The second was a larger shoot. 101 pheasants at 4:1 ratio... good fast high birds with a tasty wind. This was followed by dinner at the pub. Both shoots had the guns beating and they did a fantastic job. Roll on next season.

A shooting mate and fellow syndicate member and me haven't been beating for some years now, but as we're both self-employed we've decided we're going to start again this next season. Another syndicate member is the 'keeper on an adjacent shoot, so we're going to beat for him as it's mid-week and wont interfere with any of our shooting. Really looking forward to it; only 8 months to go. :)

Any beaters been asked back for roost shooting?

A shooting mate and fellow syndicate member and me haven't been beating for some years now, but as we're both self-employed we've decided we're going to start again this next season. Another syndicate member is the 'keeper on an adjacent shoot, so we're going to beat for him as it's mid-week and wont interfere with any of our shooting. Really looking forward to it; only 8 months to go. :)

Any beaters been asked back for roost shooting?

We'll be roost shooting every Sat for the next 6 weeks, bonus!

Hi Was very lucky this season the two Exmoor shoots I work on ,for the first time Shot on different days. Friday .12 guns , five high west country drives , shot 214 birds and we averaged out at 5-1, and a great evening meal.

Sat. 11 guns again great high bird drives, 6 drives, shot 330 birds averaged out at 4-1 and another great evening of of hospitality, this is by far the best end season in 40 years

of shooting !!! Look forward to the next

Regards all

Had the two best beaters days ever, standing on most of the drives. We were looked after really well on both shoots with a meal in the evening and even pasties at lunchtime on one.

Total bag was 119 on one and 175 on the other.

These are the only two days game shooting I do all year and it's like waiting for Christmas.

Had the two best beaters days ever, standing on most of the drives. We were looked after really well on both shoots with a meal in the evening and even pasties at lunchtime on one.

Total bag was 119 on one and 175 on the other.

These are the only two days game shooting I do all year and it's like waiting for Christmas.

Good for you. Enjoy.

I enjoyed beater's day very much, this year. After not firing a shot all morning (feeling a little down) I had a cracking drive just after lunch where I couldn't reload fast enough. I shot at least a dozen pheasants and a jay on that drive. I had my best shot of the day on the last drive, just as I was getting my eye in. We finished with 227 head.

We had some of the regular guns shooting on our beaters day I was told. I didn't bother going

Your loss and their gain.

The shoot that I run has always mixed brushers and guns - If we have a spare spot on a days shooting we give it to one of the brushers or pickers.

It is not about us and them but you have to accept the fact that someone has to pay for it.

Your loss and their gain.

The shoot that I run has always mixed brushers and guns - If we have a spare spot on a days shooting we give it to one of the brushers or pickers.

It is not about us and them but you have to accept the fact that someone has to pay for it.

that sounds nice, bit more them and us round here if afraid