Lamping

Webby-uk

Need a new handheld lamp for lamping.

Currently using 2 x 7aH batterys ands a 1.5 million powered lamp.

(its never been same since i changed bulb :lol: )

So looking for a new lamp.

Like the look of the Lightforce blitz but @ £90 its not cheap like.

Just wondering what lamps you all use and if there any good.

Want a nice tight beam not too much glare :lol:

I have a 1million candle power lamp from "Cluson" it has an adjustable handle (you can tilt the angle) and you can buy accesories such as filters, gun mounts etc.

This particular lamp does me, it has a brilliant white piercing beam, and unlike one of the Lightforce lamps i had, it DOSENT HAVE A BLIND SPOT in the middle.

As far as your batteries ares concerned, I assume you are using two 7ah Dry Cell batteries, well ditch them batteries and get your self a 15amp Wet Cell Battery, you can pick them up for about £25 from a motorcycle shop. It's worth spending the extra bit of money because these batteries last all night, and unlike the dry cell's, they dont fade when the lamp is on for a while.

I got myself an oil carton, cut the top of it, and used that as a battery pack. I just used some packing around my battery and it fits snug into the carton. Then add a strap, bolt it onto the carton.

And I connect my lamp to the battery by using "crimp lugs". Simple crimp your wires into the lugs, and connect it to the battery using the nuts and bolts you will be supplied with. This way, the lamp won't disconnect from the battery. I know someone who uses a cigar plug to connect, but it keeps falling out!

And just in case you didnt know KEEP THE WET CELL BATTERY UPRIGHT ALL THE TIME.

I use a Light force and they are great (I dont get a blind spot) They will focus from a beam to wind angle.

DONT USE WET BATTERES the acid will spill and it will eat through any fabric and you.

I use one 7 ah battery and it goes all night (I keep mine off untill I sweep and shoot) use a head mounted light for picking up.

For a cheap lamp go to B&Q or the like they do some realy good ones for a few quid.

Guest Mr Pieman

I have a Deben 1.5 mil lamp and it was less than £30-00 including a red filter. It is really robust and very light.

Old wheelchair batteries are great. Usually cheap and not too heavy. In fact, if you don't mind paying the postage, I have one you can have for free (PM me if its required). The military make battery haversacks for use with field radio packs. Most army surplus stores stock them - shouldn't be more than a fiver :lol:

PP

i have an excellent leather belt specially made for two batterys.

One each side.

The batterys i use are 12V 7aH Yuasa or summat like that. thery use them on stair lifts.

So only looking for a lamp.

The Cluson one sounds ok.

Mr pieman thanks for the offer mate but got plenty of batterys :lol:

Have you a link to the lamp on deben.com ?