Rotheram Council - " unfit for purpose" and resigns en masse

Kes

TriBsa, thanks for that. I recall similar concerns with Nottingham based around a taxi mafia set-up. I can't imagine these 3 areas - Cheltenham, Rotherham and Northumberland - are the only ones but this would be a massive exercise if it became a UK-wide investigation.

In London all taxi drivers have to undergo an enhanced CRB check from which even allegations on their record would result in immediate suspension of their licence and rightly so. In Rotherham and perhaps other places it appears that is not happening.

People talk of failures by the police and social services but I would like to highlight failures in the proper regulation of the taxi services which appears to have also been out of control.

Seems an inconvenient truth exists that even channel 4 never mind the traitorous liebor bigots dont want to hear hence the protest at the UKIP office in Rotherham, hats off to Farage for saying it as it is :good:

http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-leader-rotherham-constituency-target-video

I would be interested to know how it happens that the council awards contracts to a taxi firm owned by a councillor. Setting aside the abuse issue that looks like dodgy dealings to me.

thats why they become councilors,

In London all taxi drivers have to undergo an enhanced CRB check from which even allegations on their record would result in immediate suspension of their licence and rightly so. In Rotherham and perhaps other places it appears that is not happening.

People talk of failures by the police and social services but I would like to highlight failures in the proper regulation of the taxi services which appears to have also been out of control.

does that apply to mini cabs?

I was watching a news programme when all this hit the headlines and there was a woman complaining that the polititions let her daughter down and that they should have been there..

Hold on where we're you?? Oh yeah you were high you junkie. Yes the council made a hell load of mistakes but the parents have to take some of the responsibility also. I know of someone who worked in a kids home were he had girls climbing out of the windows..what do they expect you to do against that.

I was watching a news programme when all this hit the headlines and there was a woman complaining that the polititions let her daughter down and that they should have been there..

Hold on where we're you?? Oh yeah you were high you junkie. Yes the council made a hell load of mistakes but the parents have to take some of the responsibility also. I know of someone who worked in a kids home were he had girls climbing out of the windows..what do they expect you to do against that.

The circumstances should matter not one jot if a kid is under age they should not be groomed, molested abused plied with drink and drugs and passed around by adults as sex objects, particularly if that kid has already been let down so badly in life they are vulnerable to start with, if you cant see that, and think "they asked for it" as the suggestion in your post makes very clear then sorry chum we live in different worlds.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Not all the girls were from broken homes,some were from very loving caring homes.The abusers are actually very clever and controlling and take a long time luring their victims in to the point that nobody but them has control over them.much the same as happens in domestic abuse.none of these girls no matter what their backgrounds should have any blame put on them.the abusers,the police and social services are all to blame for this.

The circumstances should matter not one jot if a kid is under age they should not be groomed, molested abused plied with drink and drugs and passed around by adults as sex objects, particularly if that kid has already been let down so badly in life they are vulnerable to start with, if you cant see that, and think "they asked for it" as the suggestion in your post makes very clear then sorry chum we live in different worlds.

KW

Firstly KW I don't in any way believe these girls asked for it and in no way should these girls have had to go through what they have. We now live in a world were abuse of any kind is unacceptable whether that is physical, mental, racial or any other form.

I am talking about as I stated in my first post ONE case in many I know of and I know that you cannot tie all these cases together as the same because they are not. As I also stated Rotherham council have made some terrible mistakes with this and yes they do need to be held accountable but surely the family's need to ask ( in some cases not all ) "what did I do to stop it".

The government in general need to look at themselves in regards to the law. There was also a incident in rotherham where two young girls were picked up by men of Pakistani origin and when the girls father found out where they were he went to the adress with his brother kicked the door in and found his daughters half naked. There dad called the police and the he and his brother we're arrested for breaking and entering.

Jeez, the BBCs is a none report really isnt it.

As for the men being predominantly Pakistani, I can only assume there were a couple of minor (ish) regional differences. I certainly didnt see many John Smiths on the list. I am absolutely no racist but cannot stand this PC, must not offend, pandering to all and sundry attitude that is so persasive nowadays. The only people who matter were the people who were assaulted.

Firstly KW I don't in any way believe these girls asked for it and in no way should these girls have had to go through what they have. We now live in a world were abuse of any kind is unacceptable whether that is physical, mental, racial or any other form.

I am talking about as I stated in my first post ONE case in many I know of and I know that you cannot tie all these cases together as the same because they are not. As I also stated Rotherham council have made some terrible mistakes with this and yes they do need to be held accountable but surely the family's need to ask ( in some cases not all ) "what did I do to stop it".

The government in general need to look at themselves in regards to the law. There was also a incident in rotherham where two young girls were picked up by men of Pakistani origin and when the girls father found out where they were he went to the adress with his brother kicked the door in and found his daughters half naked. There dad called the police and the he and his brother we're arrested for breaking and entering.

The law (and often those enforcing it) is an ***

Much sense by Melanie Phillips in today's Times:

The refusal to acknowledge that grooming gangs are Muslim has had a catastrophic effect

In her report on the shocking Rotherham child abuse scandal, Louise Casey, head of the government’s troubled families programme, threw the book at the council as “not fit for purpose”. The lessons of this story, however, surely go way beyond this one disgraced local authority.

Last summer’s Jay report found that at least 1,400 children in Rotherham, mainly white girls from troubled backgrounds, were enslaved, sexually attacked and prostituted by gangs of overwhelmingly Pakistani-heritage men. Jay found a “collective failure” by both the council and police to stop this abuse and bring the perpetrators to justice. Casey found this huge cover-up was continuing.

Council staff and members had looked the other way for fear of being seen as racist or “upsetting community cohesion”. Yet Casey found they were even now in “overwhelming denial” of what had happened on their watch.

How to explain such persistent, almost pathological denial? The answer surely lies in a wider culture gripped by a terrifying group-think. With the duty to protect children abandoned, blanket protection has been given instead to ethnic, religious or sexual minorities that have been placed beyond criticism.

There are nevertheless hierarchies of protection here, driven almost entirely by terror of the perceived power of the minority in question. Indeed, both the Casey and Jay reports themselves bow to political correctness by failing to acknowledge that the cultural factor behind the Rotherham grooming gangs is not that they are Pakistani but Muslim.

It’s not Pakistani Christians, Hindus or atheists who are involved in these crimes. Nor is it just white girls who are targeted: Sikhs have been complaining for years that their girls are attacked by Muslim men.

In Australia, gang rapes in Sydney in 2000 were committed by Lebanese Australians. In the Netherlands, it’s Moroccans and Turks who have entrapped non-Muslim girls as sex slaves. The reason is that in Muslim society women are treated as inferior people, and non-Muslims are widely regarded as trash. That’s why decent British Muslim leaders have reacted to Rotherham with horror and shame.

Muhbeen Hussain, founder of the Rotherham Muslim Youth group, said: “We need Muslim leaders to go out there and condemn this and make it clear it’s wrong.” The issue is not minority ethnicity. It’s Islam, the greatest PC unsayable of the lot.

There is, though, an even deeper level of denial beneath all this. Casey notes that Rotherham council dismissed the pioneering reports in this paper by Andrew Norfolk, which exposed the entire scandal, as a malevolent and politicised attack by “the Murdoch press”.

This is far more significant than just a cheap attack on the proprietor of the paper you are currently reading. It reflects the syllogism that drives left-wing thinking, and which goes like this: I am left-wing and virtuous because I care about the vulnerable. Right-wing people are wicked because they are the opposite of me. Anyone who is not left-wing is right-wing. Anyone who disagrees with my virtuous beliefs, such as in multiculturalism, is thus wicked and right-wing. Anything at all they may say about anything is also wicked and right-wing. It must therefore be ignored, dismissed or destroyed.

This Manichean attitude, which shapes our society, has demonised not just individuals and groups but facts, evidence and truth itself over wide swathes of public debate, from immigration to man-made global warming, from family breakdown to Islamic extremism.

Among many other contributory factors, it is the single most deadly reason why the authorities in Rotherham refused to countenance the evidence of Pakistani Muslim grooming gangs. Casey says the authorities were terrified of giving ammunition to the British National Party. But denying the grooming gangs immeasurably strengthened the BNP, enabling it to pose as the only people “telling the truth”.

What is much more likely is that these claims were denied precisely because they were being made by the far right, and therefore couldn’t possibly be true. But they were true.

Yet even now, anyone who raises concerns about immigration or Muslim misdeeds is branded and demonised as racist, Islamophobic and (always) right-wing. Whether such concerns are actually justified isn’t even considered. The truth is made toxic by the vilification of those who speak it.

Britain’s entire administrative class now genuflects to these orthodoxies. Which is why Rotherham’s grooming gangs and their cover-up are unlikely to be the end of the story, either there or elsewhere.

Edited by Flashman

Its not just a Muslim thing though, I used to work with a couple of Greek Cypriot brothers who has a very distorted view of 'non Greek girls'. Don't get me wrong, they weren't grooming fourteen year olds or anything like that but they believed they could treat women like rubbish and tell them all sorts of porkies. It was alright because the girls weren't Greek, but then Greek girls weren't allowed to go out on their own, much less drink in bars or dress like British girls.

There is a cultural problem but there is also a problem with perception.

latest one is plod threatening to give a woman researchers details (addy) to the perpetrators if they did not back off, some serious jail time needs dishing out if true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31329860

KW

Edited by kdubya