evo

do you re zero before going hunting  

57 members have voted

1. 1. do you re zero your air rifle before hunting

• never
    • sometimes
    • everytime i hunt
    • only when i feel like cos i,m a crack shot

I only check zero with 8 shots at 40 yrds and adjust if need be but very rarely have too adjust it.

I check for 2 reasons

1. That zero is right ( 4 shots shooting in to the wind dead )

2. And a cross wind 90* ( 4 shots) to see what's got to be allowed for windage.

Might seem a bit over the top but I like knowing that when I pull the trigger I will not miss and do the job first time!

I look after my weapons, don't drop or bang them, can't remember when the scope on my 97k lost zero, same with my .22lr. Seriously my .22lr hasn't lost zero for the last two or three years, thousands of rounds and hundreds of critters. I do practice for accuracy. It's accuracy that kills!!

That made me smile thousands of rounds hundreds of critters

To be honest I would check during the day, if after rats at night, but I am careful enough not to go banging my gun around doors etc.

Always like the pellets to go where I aim them. Never had cause for bigger rifles, so long range is not a problem with me anyway.

But, You can look how many people have viewed this Thread, and how many have actually answered..

Perhaps the answer is looking at you.??.

To be honest I would check during the day, if after rats at night, but I am careful enough not to go banging my gun around doors etc.

Always like the pellets to go where I aim them. Never had cause for bigger rifles, so long range is not a problem with me anyway.

But, You can look how many people have viewed this Thread, and how many have actually answered..

Perhaps the answer is looking at you.??.

care to explain then ????,

I cant see this answer, I think anyone who is out shooting live quarry should have respect for the animal they are shooting by ensuring their rifle is spot on before commencing shooting,

it takes minutes to check, surely any animal deserves that

Anyone who has a half decent setup and uses their tools regularly will not have to check zero every outing.

First off, the gun should hold zero unless some incident has occurred, and secondly the shooter will know if the zero has moved through experience in the field.

If you are an experienced shooter you simply know when things are just a little off!

Having said all that, I spend plenty of time checking the zero of all my guns anyway, its called target work! :good:

use an s400, bloody barrels so flimsy and sensitive to any knocks it get checked every time, pick a stone, leaf or cow pat and see if it put the pellet where I want it, got a bsa barrel here waiting for a final bit of turning and hopefully that will help, pellet testing time coming up again

care to explain then ????,

I cant see this answer, I think anyone who is out shooting live quarry should have respect for the animal they are shooting by ensuring their rifle is spot on before commencing shooting,

it takes minutes to check, surely any animal deserves that

You ARE looking at it EVO, Amount of people who have LOOKED at this thread, and amount of people who have bothered to REPLY:

Nope. Where I shoot most frequently I load the rifle and set out at one of the optimum points of my hunt.

Would love to check at home but a gun shy dog makes that a difficulty.

If I miss a couple of shots I might have a quick test, depends how frustrated I get.

I miss more sitters than snap shots so for me the logic behind setting up a target at 30m and going prone and firing a test group is flawed.

A good poll but I fear your only getting meaningful responses from the yes camp.