FAC grant in kent.

Dannyboy220

My variation will be six weeks tomorrow. I have phoned them weekly for the last 3 weeks.

On Tuesday I was told it was being sent to bob Bruce for him to deliver it and collect my old ticket.

I phoned him and he has not received anything, but he said he will call me as soon as he does and I trust him as he is a good guy, as for the girls in the office I don't believe a word they say

Edited by belly47

I try not to bother Bob as I know he is up against it and doesn't have much say in how the office operates. I speak to Tony Z.

I will give it another fortnight and try again.

Danny, in the meantime if you fancy coming out to shoot some clays for a bit of fun let us know and I will sort something out. Although i posted my application off in November I made a mistake so by the time it was all sorted and Xmas out of the way my interview was exactly 2 months before you so you are only a couple behind not 3. Happy days!

I try not to bother Bob as I know he is up against it and doesn't have much say in how the office operates. I speak to Tony Z.

Danny, in the meantime if you fancy coming out to shoot some clays for a bit of fun let us know and I will sort something out. Although i posted my application off in November I made a mistake so by the time it was all sorted and Xmas out of the way my interview was exactly 2 months before you so you are only a couple behind not 3. Happy days!

I don't hassle bob, I ring the office every week,

Bob advised me when I put in the variation to have it sent to him to swap over as it will get done quicker, he has always hand delivered my tickets.

Richie clays Sound good, where do you shoot?

You're putting in for some big beastie guns too! Are they for land you have deer on or paid stalking?

Maybe now is time to start hassling the office, but like you say they can't be trusted I remember that from my shotgun cert, kept telling me two weeks longer! 16 in total, I thought that was bad but looks like I'm in for the long haul this time.

I like to try different places but mainly West Kent, Dartford, JJ's and Greenfields so whatever one suits you best.

The .22lr's I have applied for will be used for our range days and rabbits. I have a permission that at some stage I can use .243 and .308 from a high seat although the .308 is for range use really. Bob OK'd the lot but I shall wait and see what turns up on the ticket...

I don't hassle bob, I ring the office every week,

Bob advised me when I put in the variation to have it sent to him to swap over as it will get done quicker, he has always hand delivered my tickets.

That sounds like good advise.

• 1 month later...

Well it's here. 18 weeks from the day that they cashed the cheque, 14 weeks since interview.

I sold my house a week after and we are now two weeks away from completion so good old Kent Fo got there in the end.

Well I'm off to to the shops!

Edited by Dannyboy220

Yeah the wait was grim but I guess it was quicker than expected so all forgotten now.

Been out and found one of the CZ 455 thumbhole packages that come with the Bushnell banner scope, moderator and bipod for £570 so going back today to pick it up. Hopefully I can get out later on too and zero iit up.

Well I took it out yesterday and zeroed her up on my new range. Then set up up for an hour before dark for a few rabbits. Definitely need to do something about the trigger but otherwise what Gun! Furthest kill was 140 paces which I never thought i would be able to get out to. So far living the .17hmr can't see me getting the .22 for a while but when I do what should I get? Browning T-bolt or Ruger semi??

Get a trigger kit from rimfire magic and just change the existing spring on your rifle.

I had the same .17 as you and it makes such a difference with the new spring, I have just changed the spring on my 452.22lr and it's so much better.

Easy fix that transforms the rifle I think.

Happy hunting.

I'll have a look at the Sako, hadn't considered that one yet..

Yeah thumbhole is going to take some getting used to I think. Possibly made for someone with bigger hands than mine it seems but in the end it was shooting ok once I had got my grip right. I do love it though it's going to revolutionise my shooting from now on.

Off out again in a few hours but am gonna need a bigger freezer I think.

Belly, that's the trigger kit I have ordered so will have a fiddle when it turns up and hopefully that will sort it.

Cheers chaps