Safe to do so?

Fat bloke

Ok, afternoon massive.

Another fruitless afternoon just spent looking for some flying rats.

My question is this, is it ok or a complete no-no to build the hide at the base of an electricity pole. It was just where I needed to be to give me the chance of some action, but as I wasn't sure of the possible ramifications I carried on with my search for a flight line worthy of setting up.

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards.

Fatty

You are in no danger from the overhead lines, and if you are directly below them you can shoot outwards at incoming birds , not waiting till they are directly overhead and risk damaging the lines or insulators , just needs a bit of common sense, if thats where the birds are flying get in there and grab a few before they move on to new feeding grounds, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you all for your replies.

Looks like I missed out on that opportunity, however never a wasted day when out & about with the dog.

He has had a good clean down as tonight he has a big date, on a promise with a lady black lab who by all accounts is ready and waiting.

Should be interesting as I'm sure he bats for the other side.

Regards.

Fatty

I have done it too - shooting from the base of a power line - but a word of caution , I was talking to a maintance worker and he said the most frequent fault they had was lines being dammaged by shot gun pellets.

Never seen a flying rat ! Just the odd low jumper.

Edited by anser2