In need of a morale boost gentlemen.

Nick8310

Hi chaps in need of a morale boost as some of you guys know i have a very small permission which isn't good at all to be on. The land owner will only allow me to shoot over it which is great and i feel privileged but can be lonely at times i wouldn't mind if i was busy but the rabbits over there don't exists anymore. So as you can imagine i have been looking about to join people on other permissions hopefully find some nice land owners/shooters who don't mind me having a shoot with them or lamping buddy but of course i wouldn't ask for this until they know me well enough. That said i have knocked on more doors than i can remember rang so many golf clubs and to no a vale the land owner said they would happily give a reference to anyone who asks about me as he knows me well but because i haven't had a chance to meet other people mainly due to the fact i am the only shooter allowed over there no one knows me. So getting out with people or gaining new permission is ridiculously hard and this shooting game works as we all know unless your a friend of a friend or know someone close to the land owner/shooter you might as well go whistle as in this area Essex land is so precious and hard to come by because is so heavliy pressured by everyone here.

Of course i will keep looking and i have meet some nice chaps (farmers) but everwhere i go they dont know me and of course they already have a group of people shooting who keep it to themselves which is understandable around here and concidering i wanted to get into a little bit of gamekeeping which life hasnt taken me that way i am doing badly on the shooting front lol.

So chaps i am asking you to give me a morale boost to make me feel better and to keep knocking on them doors maybe share your past experiances on how you struggled to get your first permisson and if you didnt struggle and strolled into having a place to shoot please dont let me know :lol: it will only depress me.

Up for a laugh.

Nick.

P.s. If you know anyone around the essex area looking for a shooting buddy / shooter please PM would be greatly appreciated.

Where abouts are you in Essex?

Did you shoot all the rabbits in the summer?

I am on the outskirts of Brentwood good man and not really chap the little spec of land has a handfull of rabbits on it unless i was to bring them on which would be great for me but bad for the land owner.

Sounds like you are in exactly the same boat as me figuratively speaking.

My landowner is exactly the same re no shooters and not many rabbits strangely, He does even grow anything that would bring pigeons in when all the land around is OSR but has game shoots operated on so no pigeon shooting.

Hi

Not much at this but here goes

Well done on your permission

Keep trying you got one you will get another

Try buying a day pigeon shooting it may open doors

Get friendly with a keeper best help him who knows where it will lead

Get a dog go to a gun dog club how knows

All these things can help you get new permission or meet like minded people

Anyway done my best

Hope you feel more positive

All the best

Of

you could try, asking any local game keepers or small syndicates if they want any help, clearing up repairing pens etc, to get known as a reliable character and see how it goes. It's a in sometimes it takes time, atb

Thanks for the input i have already done this said i could do most evernings and some days with a heads up and all for free without shooting just to get experience but to no success and i have experience of knocking up pen digging dug out and chainsawing trees and still no takers thanks for the input though.

Nick.

Hi

Not much at this but here goes

Well done on your permission

Keep trying you got one you will get another

Try buying a day pigeon shooting it may open doors

Get friendly with a keeper best help him who knows where it will lead

Get a dog go to a gun dog club how knows

All these things can help you get new permission or meet like minded people

Anyway done my best

Hope you feel more positive

All the best

Of

This is brilliant its the first post that has made me laugh ha ha i could begin to picture your face as you struggled to say this thanks for the input.

Nick. :lol:

Ask around local shoots to see if they require beaters for next season , that can lead to other shooting outside of the game season .

Join a wildfowling club , there is bound to be some near you and they normally offer good value for money , once you are in a club you will get to know others and again that can lead to othe opportunities.

Ask around local shoots to see if they require beaters for next season , that can lead to other shooting outside of the game season .

Join a wildfowling club , there is bound to be some near you and they normally offer good value for money , once you are in a club you will get to know others and again that can lead to othe opportunities.

Words of wisdom. :good:

You can make some very good contacts by doing this.

• 1 month later...