i need a cordless drywall screwdriver

Paddy Galore!

Hi gents, it's time to spend the tax rebate! :lol:

first of all, I don't really "need" one, I just want one as I get tangled up in my 110v Makita gun cable. firstly, I've been looking at a festool drywall gun, as I have a voucher for a free 5.2ah battery which might come in useful, I already have a charger and 2 other batteries which fit from my saw, the only problem I see is festool don't list the tool in body only which makes it very expensive. can anyone recommend an alternative? it needs to be capable of running collated strips, cordless, reliable, and tough as old boots. thanks for any help.

Paddy

kelvin power tools or toucan power tools do body only festool. always used Makita and can't fault them. bit like Paslode - look after them and they will do what you want

I must admit all my Makita gear is bomb proof, if a little agricultural, but it's outlasted a load of dewalt muck. and they do everything cordless, I might just have to get one. Although I did spy online the festool body only, but I don't know if I can redeem the battery voucher over the phone. it'd be a shame to waste it.

+1 on Makita stuff, Hilti is of course top dog, but mega £££

We seem to have a lot of Drywallers on here?

Are you purely Drywallers or are you Multi Skilled Tradesmen?

Been in Drywall since 1980, now Multi Skilled, Demountable Partition, Timber and Metal Stud,Jumbo stud, all suspended ceiling systems, Skim, Joint, Hygiene Cladding ( thermal bending) etc, etc

Brian

Been in Drywall since 1980, now Multi Skilled, Demountable Partition, Timber and Metal Stud,Jumbo stud, all suspended ceiling systems, Skim, Joint, Hygiene Cladding ( thermal bending) etc, etc

Brian

and half of them are expert shooters behind their keyboards aswell, :whistling::whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I must admit all my Makita gear is bomb proof, if a little agricultural, but it's outlasted a load of dewalt muck. and they do everything cordless, I might just have to get one. Although I did spy online the festool body only, but I don't know if I can redeem the battery voucher over the phone. it'd be a shame to waste it.

Much of my festool stuff came from these guys:-

http://www.powertool-supplies.co.uk/

I have found them to decent folk with a good sense of humour to boot. Might be worth a call.

Agree with you regarding Makita - excellent kit

And I also agree regarding DuffWalt, sorry DeWalt - absolute pants IMHO.

Brian

Joiner by trade but like everything you have to diversify so now doing everything in the building trade except Brickwock, Gas and Electrics.

Just been looking for a drywall gun this morning as well as a whole 18v kit.

I know dewalt isnt what it used to be but my 18v xrp kit is over 10 years old and has had a right battering in its time and is only just needing to be replaced.

Anyone seen decent offers on 18v kits?

Anyone actually using the milwaukee?

There is a good deal at me local supplier on it.

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

Just been looking for a drywall gun this morning as well as a whole 18v kit.

I know dewalt isnt what it used to be but my 18v xrp kit is over 10 years old and has had a right battering in its time and is only just needing to be replaced.

Anyone seen decent offers on 18v kits?

Anyone actually using the milwaukee?

There is a good deal at me local supplier on it.

Edd

take a look at www.ffx.co.uk , i just got some 18v Makita stuff and they were 2/3rds of the price of everyone else!

ps: if you register your new makita stuff with makita online you get a 3yr warranty!

well I bought one, I had a play about in the shop with a few different models, it's on its way anyhoo, should be here early next week, I got a festool to go with the other gear I have plus a free battery, I thought about it and I really didn't want yet another charger sliding about in the van or getting lost in the shed. cheers for everyones advice.

Paddy.