berreta or browning

roostshooter1

Hi guys im in the market for a new o/u 12 gauge and was looking at maybe a berretta silver pigeon deluxe or a browning 725 black gold but have heard stories of browning having rubbish thin bluing and berettas being troublesome with ejectors so not sure which gun to go for so would like some opinions from people

Let battle commence :)

Ive a Beretta Ultralight, have had it a while and have put a stupid amount of cartridges through it. took it in for a routine service which was fine only had to rreplace the bottom firing pin due to wear and as for the ejectors . . . . . never ever had an issue with them!!!!! like anything if ya look after IT then IT will look after you!!

I Would try them both for fit first

I find Beretta and brownings a fair bit different on fit ...

Personally though for me , Beretta every time :)

I'm exactly the same - but my son is exactly the opposite - So I have a Beretta and he has a Browning - so it's down to what suits you best - sorry!

It would have to be Browning for me. I prefer their looks and they fit me better.

+2

Can't get away with the newer (since the GoldE range came out) Beretta's,

Older Golds and before are fine,

I'm a Browning man as they fit me better,

Beretta are too shallow in the action for me, feel very flimsy

Don't discount Miroku though, very good guns also

As has been said, try them all if you can, they are a very different beast.

:shaun:

Am in a similar position, just sold a 687 SP3 which handled like a lump of lead, looked at a 725 uk which was very nice, proofed for hp steel and handled very well.

Then...last weekeknd looked at a Miroku MK60 grade 5 30 inch which handled like a dream, would prefer a 28 inch versions.

Now I have a dilemma, the Miroku would need the chokes taken out and reproof for hp steel or should i go for the 725?

Edited by grahamch

Am in a similar position, just sold a 687 SP3 which handled like a lump of lead, looked at a 725 uk which was very nice, proofed for hp steel and handled very well.

Then...last weekeknd looked at a Miroku MK60 grade 5 30 inch which handled like a dream, would prefer a 28 inch versions.

Now I have a dilemma, the Miroku would need the chokes taken out and reproof for hpo steel or should i go for the 725?

Miroku MK38 Teaged choked ..... brilliant. I have had many guns but would not part with mine.

Now I have a dilemma, the Miroku would need the chokes taken out and reproof for hp steel or should i go for the 725?

The mk60 and 725 are very different guns, if you want steel proof go for the multichoked mk70 or 525

Hi guys im in the market for a new o/u 12 gauge and was looking at maybe a berretta silver pigeon deluxe or a browning 725 black gold but have heard stories of browning having rubbish thin bluing and berettas being troublesome with ejectors so not sure which gun to go for so would like some opinions from people

Let battle commence :)

The Silver Pigeons have the old style ejectors which have never been a problem. Like almost all black finishes (as opposed to blued) the 725 receivers aren't holding up particularly well but if you rarely handle the action it should last okay.

Personally I don't think either gun is worth anywhere near the prices asked. IMO in that price range the Guerini Summit, Magnus Sport or Challenger are just better options than either of the above.