xtrail mpg on a long run

hodge911

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: cant believe what mpg ive just achieved from the old exy . filled it brimming full so you could see the fuel at the top of the filler neck and set of to my sisters house in kent zero trip and away we go get there 354 miles later I park up at her place and car not used till today to come home so pop to garage to fill up and it took £40 to get it back brimming again .
but I had a real struggle to get to the £40
any how here is my calculations so if I,m wrong please correct .
£40 divided by cost of fuel at £114.9p per ltr = 34.81ltr then divide that by 5 = 6.96 then divide the 354 miles by 6.96 = 50.86 mpg
from a 53 plate 2.2di 4x4 with 154000 miles on it .
its had the egr blanked an oil catch can fitted and a concoction of 300ml of 2 stroke oil and a measure of redex diesel additive to the full tank of fuel on the way down
average speed 70mph

wrong, the division is 4.55 ltr = 1 gallon 34.81 divided by 4.55 = 7.65. 354 divided by 7.65 this will give you 46.27 mpg ( got to be bored to work it out) still good though

thanks for the correction mate.

my boob I thought a gallon was 5 ltr but even so I,m more than happy with 46mpg out of the old girl ....my hilux surf best was 21mpg my disco 300tdi was 30mpg

Unless you're driving a distance immediately after filling up to the brim, that's not a good idea - as I found out - although not too bad this time of year. Topped up with diesel for a long trip later in the day. It came out of the ground tank cool and then sat in the warm. Fortunately, Vauxhall had thought about this possibility and I got off lightly.