FAC conditions

-ben-

There is no legal definitive list of vermin. Canada geese are wildfowl that are, at present, on the GL. Appearing on the GL does not make them vermin per se.

You really need to ask the man responsible the conditions on your FAC, your licensing manager. It is not worth risking your FAC for the sake of a phone call.

What you really need is for your condition to read vermin and any other lawful quarry.

Edited by CharlieT

You can kill Canadian geese all year round and whats the difference between sporting and vermin? Your still managing the geese so its classed as vermin controll. No one will know if your killing them for the sporting matter.

I suggest you along with the other trigger happy Killers do as Kes suggested Read and understand the Law Correctly and speak to B.A.S.C. As you can't just go around shooting Canada Geese 12 months of the year as you please FACT.

If you value your 'sport' and value other people shooting for years to come then you will act responsibly and read the GL. Canada's may be a non-native species and on the GL and therefore not protected but they are a part of the countryside and whilst their numbers may need to be controlled now and then in a particular area or crop we are not intending to exterminate them.

Be real about this - they are not 'vermin' they are occasionally a problem for crops and need to be managed but all the time they are a beautiful, wild and thoroughly wonderful goose.

Listen to them calling and compare them to rats and realise the difference.

DavidBASC, you were wrong - fairly obviously here.

And another thread which started off with a valid and sensible question, which one of you have now taken the opportunity to lay another false accusation at my door, before i have even got involved - i wonder when you will get tired of this, or if the moderators will get tired first... :no:

My guidance is this, check with your licencing department. Ask if your licence can be amended to include Any Other Lawful Quarry, this will avoid all doubt.

David

I suggest you along with the other trigger happy Killers do as Kes suggested Read and understand the Law Correctly and speak to B.A.S.C. As you can't just go around shooting Canada Geese 12 months of the year as you please FACT.

I think you will find you can....... And last time I looked being non native meant you didn't even need to try and scare them first

At the end of the day I have been asked by a farmer to keep them off the field we have tried rockets which are near on useless unless your going to stand there every hour of the day. I don't plan on shooting them all just get the numbers to manageable anount because they have grown over the years. I asking for some advice I've tried basc and they didn't get back to me today. And my firearms officer wasn't working today.

And another thread which started off with a valid and sensible question, which one of you have now taken the opportunity to lay another false accusation at my door, before i have even got involved - i wonder when you will get tired of this, or if the moderators will get tired first... :no:

My guidance is this, check with your licencing department. Ask if your licence can be amended to include Any Other Lawful Quarry, this will avoid all doubt.

David

David, you remember the thread a long time ago where we talked about Greylag Geese ?

Well I do and this is a reference to that. Your reference to the mods getting tired is worrying, is it a request?

Check the thread where we discussed what might happen to GL Geese if they were put on the GL and look above. Why would I lay anything 'at your door' that was not correct.

Either you are unduly concerned, or your memory needs a wash and brush up.

For correctnesses sake you wre taking about people respecting geese that were put on the GL. Maybe you can now recognise my, and others concerns at that time?

And I did with the greylags but now I don't want to decoy them because all I will get pestered with greylags decoying in all day so I thought the best method of controlling the Canadas as there numbers are fewer than the greys would be to pick them out with a rifle. This forum does have allot of people who go pointing the finger and jumping to conclusions. But the vast majority are more than helpful.

Thanks for all the advice you have given me