Recommendations for reliable road legal supermoto/enduro bike

Joshua1993

If youre going to do alot of road miles I would stick with either an XR or a DRZ if you want a more modern looking bike. I had a WR 400 14 year ago and it was **** on the road only good for spending its time on the back wheel, off road it was fantastic best to try and ride a gew before you buy one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies everyone, sorry I forgot about this thread for a little while. After doing much research ect... I've got my heart set on a DRZ 400 SM now. Seems perfect for what I want as I will be riding 90% on the road and only a little offroad and nothing serious. The DRZ seems best suited for this and has low maintenance which is what I want.

Also the insurance is much cheaper for the DRZ for me as it my first proper bike and the seat is a little lower which suits me perfect being only 5.9".

I just need to find one now as there doesn't seem many around. I've got cash waiting if anyone has one reasonably priced and not too far from Cambridge :good:

Kind regards,

Joshua

Edited by Joshua1993

• 4 years later...

Hello I'm 53 and owned several motocross bikes in my youth , my last bike was a CR500. sadly I sold her. I've been looking for a super Moto over the last few months not sure what's correct for me. I would like to tinker with it , so I'm happy with an older one. but which one ????. can anyone help me. 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2015 at 18:57, southeastpete said:

I've read online that the suspension isn't as good on the wr as the ktm, and that those who do road miles too wish it had the 6th gear, how do you find it, as I would ride alot of road, I'm erring toward the ktm

just bought a 1090, the smallest of the bigger bikes, the WP front  suspension isn't adjustable like the larger bikes, but in my opinion doesn't really need it, not too soft for the road but still soaks up bumps pretty well

Owned off road Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, KTM, Husqvarna, Yamaha, Suzuki, Montesa, Gas Gas, Beta and a super moto Cagiva. KTMs needed little attention and  probably the best of the bunch. Currently building a Honda CR500 AF - been a delay, whilst waiting for a chain protector mounting being welded - I would say the CR500 engines are the pick of that lot.

CCMs do not have a great reputation for being a quality assembly, but either the Suzuki or Rotax engines seem bomb proof.