Bow hunter (long gone)

mrpip

Not sure if this is classed as a sporting picture as it was probably used for hunting or defence many moons ago. Any way found this flint arrow head on a stubble field not 200 yds from my house, there are 3 circular ditch marks that show up on Ariel photos in the next field. Took it to the local museum but could not get past the jobs worth guard, as all the staff were to busy to see me, so it will stay in my drawer till whenever. Did not find the 20 pence with it that's just for size comparison :) Still as sharp as probably the day it was napped,

post-13005-0-52163200-1424785213_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrpip

Took it to the local museum but could not get past the jobs worth guard, as all the staff were to busy to see me, so it will stay in my drawer till whenever.

Nice find :good:

Should have told the jobs worth you had found some treasure and needed to see the top man as you think it might be worth millions, its annoying when you get plonkers like that. A chap in the local does allot with his metal detector, he loves it when he finds, well anything really. :)

Very nice find, late neolithic arrow heads are one of the hardest stone tools to find :good:. We have literally hundreds of scrapers, picks, axes, core stones, pot stones and knives but the best ones are two polished flint axe heads, broken in two, that my dad found, they must have taken hours and hours to polish and then were probably ceremonially broken.