why is dulux so expensive?

Paddy Galore!

FWIW, I used Dulux to paint the new nursery at home last November. Wanted white. Painting over a yellowed white using matt emulsion Dulux Once, it took 5 coats in total and was incredibly patchy on application, despite using a quality roller and researching/applying my estimation of a proper technique.

Reading around at the time, I found Dulux really was not very well regarded and I can understand why!

The next job I do, I'll use Johnsons trade paint. The consumer stuff I think, is mostly junk, no matter which brand you pick.

FWIW, I used Dulux to paint the new nursery at home last November. Wanted white. Painting over a yellowed white using matt emulsion Dulux Once, it took 5 coats in total and was incredibly patchy on application, despite using a quality roller and researching/applying my estimation of a proper technique.

Reading around at the time, I found Dulux really was not very well regarded and I can understand why!

The next job I do, I'll use Johnsons trade paint. The consumer stuff I think, is mostly junk, no matter which brand you pick.

In the trade anything with 'once' written on is taken as meaning 'once' used never used again.

The key is in the word Trade - you would have a whole new experience with Dulux Trade (which is virtually the same as Johnsons Trade)

Used Glidden in the kitchen, both emulsion and the satin wood. Excellent coverage and good value for money!

First time I have used a water based gloss for the woodwork! Have to say, what a difference! No smells whilst painting, dried in about an hour and does not yellow! I will never use oil based again.