For those that hate me. Your going to love this one!

Underdog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect more deer have been shot with the humble rim fire than any other calibre. Your conscience is clear in my book and the right result. I wish more people were more honest about there shooting rather than worrying about the minority who disagree if it's not by the book.

Hats off to you underdog.

Andrew.

Said minority would be wrong anyway - if a deer is injured, the Deer Act 1991 allows for it to be despatched by any means available if the intention is to end its suffering. The onus is of course on the person taking the action to justify their actions to the court if required, but in this case, it's clear there would be no case to answer (and supporting documentary evidence for the defence to boot!).

Edited by neutron619

Well done U. This is the benefit for landowners of having an extra pair of eyes and ears on the land. I should imagine most people would do the same, I have had a similar experience before now involving a deer and a tangle of barbed wire.

Any anti's response of taking such an animal to the vets reminds me of this;

Edited by demonwolf444

Men, bad news!

The chap whom had the good rear leg just sent me a picture of a bullet jacket! It had been shot.

My initial reaction was anger, then I thought that maybe it just went wrong no fault of the rifleman!

Then again, the land owner and keeper never mentioned any thing!

Is it poachers!

Bit annoyed now!

The fox and another were still hanging around when I returned. I left the pluck in a handy spot but the keeper would not let me return for the fox's! Still don't understand that one!

U :-(

that is bad news,dont suppose you will ever find out what happened,as for the foxes,the keeper on the majority of my permissions will not let me take foxes as he likes to do them himself,possibly the same with your man

Sure is. His ego is bigger than his capability! Never mind, not my pheasants!