Tyres for Navara

DazzJo

Wowsers! Checked out the tread on my Navara and is running very low, Amber/red actually but this is the first 4x4 I've owned and don't know which tyres to start looking at. I've been told BF Goodrich but bit to pricey for me at £130 a corner without fitment. I do 40 miles a day getting to and from work so don't fancy them being loud but I need good tread for when I'm in the field during the season and also whilst I'm out pigeon shooting. All help greatly appreciated in advance :good:

BFG's or general grabbers are ideal for on / off road mix and aren't too loud and more importantly don't hammer your fuel economy. Though I did buy my current truck with yokohama geolander at's on and they don't see too bad. The good thing with the first two is that you will get up to 60k out of a set so the cost is spread over a long time.

I do minimum 60 miles per day travelling to work and have BFG a/t fitted, not any noisier than the road tyres it had when I bought it, they might seem expensive but they are very good value as they last forever, my last set did just over 75,000 miles current ones have done just over 50,000 and still plenty of life left.

That's great BFG's are expensive but I've looked into them and seem to be cheaper than the tyres I've got on now. I've only had the truck since 29th Nov 2014 and it's got Goodyear Wranglers 255/65/17 on at the moment, I've looked into how much they are but I won't go there :lol:

Somebody was advertising 5 brand new tyres that would fit your truck delivered for £500 . Well worth the money . I would have had them ,but have just had all new tyre on my truck .

Harnser

BFG's in sales are gone :ninja: but they are a great tyre 50-60K easily out them :good: I had General Grabber AT's (new tread style) they were good off road but only got 20 odd K out them & they were noisier than the more aggressive looking BFG AT

Had Grabber ATs on my Disco, no increase in noise or discomfort, 120,000 miles life given no punctures.

Got BFG ATs on my current `Defender, they were on it when I bought it. Done 125,000 miles on them now. still another 20,000 or so in them.

Secret is to go All Terrain not Mud Terrain, MTs can get a bit noisy.

A

BFG's in sales are gone :ninja: but they are a great tyre 50-60K easily out them :good: I had General Grabber AT's (new tread style) they were good off road but only got 20 odd K out them & they were noisier than the more aggressive looking BFG AT

What on earth were you doing to them, or how much power were you putting through them?. That is very very rapid wear.

A

Edited by Alycidon