What's your preferred hearing protection?

SiGunn

I started off with electronic, but I found even the slim ones were interfering when mounting the gun and making me miss, I then ordered some of that make your own ear putty stuff off evil bay, £7 and enough to make 3 pair, I've only made one pair so far and they are bloody brilliant

I started off with electronic, but I found even the slim ones were interfering when mounting the gun and making me miss, I then ordered some of that make your own ear putty stuff off evil bay, £7 and enough to make 3 pair, I've only made one pair so far and they are bloody brilliant

Just ordered some £4.30 makes upto 3 pairs in blue. Might get the lanyard another company does.

Great tip.

I have both the MSA Sordin Pro Supreme X and the CENS digital proflex.

The CENS are good on a warm day, but for sound quality and comfort I far prefer the Sordins with gel cups. Amazing clarity of sound with excellent protection and comfort. A little warm for the height of summer though. (All two weeks of it!)

I have the MSA Sordin Supreme Pros - and they are great when standing with others etc, but I can't wear them when shooting. When I mount my gun, the stock actually just touches my ear lobe - so any over ear type impairs gun mount. I have visited gun fitters - and its not anything I'm doing wrong - or poor gun fit - but I do raise my shoulder naturally and bring the gun to my face as I mount the gun - not lower my head to the stock.

I therefore use Emtec in ear moulded plugs when shooting - which are very good. Cens passives I believe are equally good. Cens actives are expensive (and expensive to run) if you don't shoot often - as batteries 'use up' once started - even if not used. I find I can hear adequately well in the passives.

I have at times used both Peltor electronic ear defenders and then went on to use some in-ear plugs. The Peltor ear defenders interfered with gunmount and were too hot to wear during the summer, so I moved on to some in-ear plugs (can't remember the name) which are more comfortable and gunmount is far easier.