Apologies to Daystate,and thanks VALLEY ARMS

evo

I would like to give my Apologies to Daystate,

my reason for this is I bought a new Daystate Airwolf Tactical and for the last month found the power to be a bit low using the norm pellets that I used in my other daystates,

putting the rifle through the chrono I was getting a max reading through a full fill of 11.28ftlb, but it was fluctuating from 9.80 at 200bar and I tried every pellet I had in my man cave, well I was up at Valley Arms in Ruthin and the guy I spoke to was actually a Daystate HFT shooter or was and knew the daystates like the back of his hand, he advised me to use the Air arms diablo,s 8.4gr pellets through the rifle, we took the rifle into the back of his shop to put it over the chrono and it was shooting 10.6ftlb with the jsb exacts 8.44gr which is what my chrono was stating,

I was advised to use the air arms 8.4gr pellets as he had found these to be very accurate and also the pellel that performed best in his HFT rifle, so we put a few in the mag and the rifle was producing between 11.4 - 11.62, I was shocked because I had tried allsorts through it,

I decided to take the rifle home and give it a good test and see just how well it would group with these pellets out to 50yrds, so I set the targets up and with a slight breeze blowing started to take some 5 group shots and recording the chrono results,

the rifle performed superb with not one single flier, the reading at 200bar was 11.4ftlb and at 150 bar was 11.65ftlb and did not step outside these parameters once,

how happy am I now, just goes to show keep trying pellets to find the right one, thanks to Matt (salop sniper) who advised me to give them a try,

so Daystate my apologies because the rifle is running as sweet as a nut and the power is not low but perfect also a big thanks to Valley Arms in Ruthin North Wales who took time out to help me and didn,t even charge me for his time, a truelly helpful bunch of guys and will certainly be visiting them again,

atb evo

You know oddly enough Evo Air Arms 4.52s have been my go to pellet for ages and everything seems to like them and they always group well or at worst acceptably in virtually everything. Who would have though JSB exacts would have performed so diferently as they are almost the same pellet from the same manufacturer to my knowlege.

Have you tried Daystate Soverigns through it at all as when I tried these in my Wolverine they were exceptional even beating Air Arms!

You know oddly enough Evo Air Arms 4.52s have been my go to pellet for ages and everything seems to like them and they always group well or at worst acceptably in virtually everything. Who would have though JSB exacts would have performed so diferently as they are almost the same pellet from the same manufacturer to my knowlege.

Have you tried Daystate Soverigns through it at all as when I tried these in my Wolverine they were exceptional even beating Air Arms!

I havn,t bud, I,ve got some in the shed , I,ll go and give them a try now and see how they perform, I basically tried all the pellets I have for the other daystates, H&N FTT, Bisley LRG,s, ,baracuda match grouped well but power dropped, jsb exacts produced low power,, ,bsa elite shot all over the place over 20yrds,H&N hunters shot well but again lower power so as you say its been a bit strange how although like jsb,s the AA diablos 8.4gr are grouping excellent and the power issue has been resolved,,might just be I,ve got a very fussy barrel ?

I have that with the daughter Brocock it will only shoot H+N FTT for some reason and hates everything else. I must admit like you most Daystates I have had have been pretty easy going on pellets. I did have a BSA Ultra which for some reason only really like bisley mags wich kind of defeated the point of the .177 really.

Well now you've found the worst kept secret! AA Fields are the most efficient pellet in many rifles, I think it's to do with the thin skirts and soft lead compound. May be why a few get dented in the tin, it doesn't affect accuracy though. Just for peace of mind I suggest trying 4.51s and 4.53s if you can get hold of them.

Well now you've found the worst kept secret! AA Fields are the most efficient pellet in many rifles, I think it's to do with the thin skirts and soft lead compound. May be why a few get dented in the tin, it doesn't affect accuracy though. Just for peace of mind I suggest trying 4.51s and 4.53s if you can get hold of them.

totally agree, but I think its more to do with head size , I might be wrong tim but another person on here has tried them and has had very similar results, he used the 4.51 and they dropped in power, looking for some 4.53,s to give them a try will let ya know the results,,

Before I forget ,evo, Air Arms do a range of applicators that enable you to place those pellets even more accurately than your Daystates-from memory you need to order part number......S410 or S510 :rolleyes:

trust you,, s410 too cheaply made for my liking had one up till 2 years ago cracking little rifle and nailed a few bunnies, s510 picked one up last week , the one with the twin air cylinder , my god is was so light I was shocked, I like the s510 but not overly keen on the side lever,

if Daystate bring a decent rifle out ie the electronic wolverine then I,ll have a side lever but not until such a superior rifle is built,,hw100 whats that :P

Evo, try the blue tin Air Arms 7.9 4.52 pellets also. You will get a slight drop in power but for me the accuracy was fantastic so its my go to pellet !

Glad your rifle is performing now with the right pellet matched and again confirms that folk shouldnt assume theres no difference between JSB, AA, Daystate and Falcon and so on, just because they come from the same factory !

When I had power concerns with my MK4 it turned out my filling guage was faulty and I was over filling my rifle, so it couldnt opperate propperly. 230bar on my cylinder guge was actually 270bar ! Luckilly i didnt damage the rifle.

ATB

Matt

Evo, try the blue tin Air Arms 7.9 4.52 pellets also. You will get a slight drop in power but for me the accuracy was fantastic so its my go to pellet !

Glad your rifle is performing now with the right pellet matched and again confirms that folk shouldnt assume theres no difference between JSB, AA, Daystate and Falcon and so on, just because they come from the same factory !

When I had power concerns with my MK4 it turned out my filling guage was faulty and I was over filling my rifle, so it couldnt opperate propperly. 230bar on my cylinder guge was actually 270bar ! Luckilly i didnt damage the rifle.

ATB

Matt

I will do Matt, cheers bud