Humber boat fishing

fenboy

I have tried unsuccesfully on a few occasions to book a couple of places on a boat in the Humber this winter.

The upshot being they are not really interested unless the whole boat is booked .

As It would be midweek its been impossible for me to find enough rods to make up a trip .

So anyone on here interested in a trip or two next season midweek ?

Be warned it would be a cash up front gig , as I have arranged trips in the past where you have 12 rods the night before and 7 or 8 the next morning leaving me seriously out of pocket.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same problem on the south coast, I gave a few a card with my details on to get hold of me for last minute places, got some cheap trips out of it and made some new friends just making up numbers the night before.

Doesn't answer your question but did help me get out.

i guess you will have tried predator, have you tried Angelus ? she may have places or he ive heared she used to be a he ( the skipper) lol , its the big cod match this sunday the results will be on Humber cruising website it should give you some idea of whats being caught , my mates were out a few weeks ago and had forty odd cod .

If any of you ever fancy a fully recommended day after Tope off the North Norfolk coast in the summer you'd do far worse that having a look at www.norfolkfishingtrips.co.uk.

I'm not associated with this company, just a regularly satisfied customer. He's not a 'you should have been here yesterday' skipper. He publishes every day out 'blanks and all' ( fortunately not many of them though) on his site. I've had them up to 52lb but my mate has had them up to 64lb. I'm the ugly guy on the news page under ' our yearly Topeathon' page with the 52lb er.

The boat is in Lowestoft during the winter but back in Brancaster for the summer.

Yes I have tried both boats mate .

You are correct she did use to be a he , its fished very well with lots of cod the last couple of seasons .

Predator has its own face book page and most days there is post"s for one or two rods

I would be up for a pw Humber day even mid week ( its best for me i work shifts) COUNT ME IN

PS its fishing very well at the minuet alot of cod coming out a good size to

Predator has its own face book page and most days there is post"s for one or two rods

I would be up for a pw Humber day even mid week ( its best for me i work shifts) COUNT ME IN

PS its fishing very well at the minuet alot of cod coming out a good size to

Thanks , I will keep a note of your name and contact you if i get enough interest for a boat load for next season.

yes please i would love to give it a go .i fish the humber from the beach quite a bit.the reports say its fished well this year from the boats

Ok I will add your name to my list :good:

Still need 6-8 more before anything can be arranged though. :sad1:

If it is in the summer I will come along as long as you promise fine weather and no swell. I would rather not 'ground bait' for the whole team.

Unfortunately it is likely to be late Autumn through to spring as thats when the cod run in the Humber , I think the boats go further offshore in the summer , but its something I could look into if enough were interested.

Log on to CBUK ( charter boats uk ) you'll find places all around the coast. Individual / part boat / full boat places, in last minute bookings. And seeing as you want mid week, you'll have no problem getting on the better charter boats. Also a lot of the time the boat will only be half full, giving you plenty of fishing space and still only pay the price of an individual ! Take a look, booking the whole boat without monies up front is usually a nightmare! :(