Nisan nivara adventura

viking

thinking of getting one, probably 07-09

anyone had/got one?

what are they like,

any known problems

and what are they like off road, nothing hardcore just for shooting round the farm.

i had a L200 a few years ago and it was to light on the backend for any decent grip.

thanks

lee

I never understand the light on the back end comment about pickups. But I think that's down to always having decent tyres on mine, the factory Bridgestone duellers fitted to many are pants, fit decent at'a and you just don't loose the rear

well on my L200 i had AT grabbers on, just seemed to spin a fair bit, from what i presumed to not being heavy enough on the back end to get good traction, up a certain track where i shoot i used to have it in low box and obviously 4 wheel drive, when i sold that i got a K reg toyota land cruise, ex mountain ambulance with 285,000 miles on it, got up the same hill in 2 wheel drive easier than the L200 in 4 and low box.that was a think and a half, never ever came anywhere near getting stuck, it also had very rare factory fitted as an extra, diff locks

I've got a 2010 Navara. It's great. I Had the bog standard Bridgestone Duellers on, but swapped them when they wore out for Cooper Discoverer At/3 all terrain tyres. They handle fine on road and do well off road too. They cost around £100 a corner.

The only issue they say about the Nav is the timing chain is meant to be a bit weak and they say to get it converted to a duplex chain. My personal opinion is its a combination of scaremongering and 'better safe than sorry' mentality. Some say you get no warning and it fails, others say you hear it starting to wear. The conversion costs £1200 at Billcar. Other eBay chains are **** so don't bother.

Mines done 80k and I haven't had my chain done, coz I ain't got a spare £1200 for a just in case. If Nissans were destroying themselves on a daily basis, I guess Nissan may do something about it and at the very least, update the manufacturing process for future vehicles, so I'm not too concerned about alleged issue.

I don't regret buying mine. It's the best motor I've owned for the uses I need a motor for. Check out Nissan-navara.net for more info. And I get 36.1 mpg and I just drive it, rather than worrying about how I'm affecting my fuel economy.

Hope this helps.

thinking of getting one, probably 07-09

anyone had/got one?

what are they like,

any known problems

and what are they like off road, nothing hardcore just for shooting round the farm.

i had a L200 a few years ago and it was to light on the backend for any decent grip.

thanks

lee

The thing is you've got to remember its a comical motor and designed to have weight in the tub hence why it's light in the back end when empty. I'm on my 3rd L200 and away to swap for the same again but it ticks all the boxes I need as carrys my tools and tows the trailer well

As per james79, i have a 2012 navara and love it.

wanted a pick up for years but the Mrs always twisted. Now i have one she wont drive it (bonus). However sho also loves its practicality, no wet dogs in the passenger area and lugs around all manner of rubbish.

whilst i may or may not get another nissan i will defo have another pick up.

I've got a 2010 Navara. It's great. I Had the bog standard Bridgestone Duellers on, but swapped them when they wore out for Cooper Discoverer At/3 all terrain tyres. They handle fine on road and do well off road too. They cost around £100 a corner.

The only issue they say about the Nav is the timing chain is meant to be a bit weak and they say to get it converted to a duplex chain. My personal opinion is its a combination of scaremongering and 'better safe than sorry' mentality. Some say you get no warning and it fails, others say you hear it starting to wear. The conversion costs £1200 at Billcar. Other eBay chains are **** so don't bother.

Mines done 80k and I haven't had my chain done, coz I ain't got a spare £1200 for a just in case. If Nissans were destroying themselves on a daily basis, I guess Nissan may do something about it and at the very least, update the manufacturing process for future vehicles, so I'm not too concerned about alleged issue.

I don't regret buying mine. It's the best motor I've owned for the uses I need a motor for. Check out Nissan-navara.net for more info. And I get 36.1 mpg and I just drive it, rather than worrying about how I'm affecting my fuel economy.

Hope this helps.

They are.

There's a whole industry based around fitting the older 2.7TD out of Terrano into a Navara because of it.

I would be very wary of buying one myself, but maybe the newer ones aren't so bad.

Google it, or look on ebay there's plenty there with blown engines.

The D22 yes, but not so much the D40, which is around 2005 onwards.

Every engine is at risk of timing belt/timing chain failure. Admittedly, timing chains are less prone and should in theory last the lifetime of the engine.

Horses for courses as they say. I own one and I'd buy one again.

whats the difference between the outlaw and adventura?

thanks.

lee

Spec. Aventura gets (I think) leather, Nav, heated and electric seats, sunroof. That was the difference when we had ours, I think (ours was a 2006).

On timing chains : the biggest killer is servicing. If people miss out services, or have them done late, then the lubricating properties of the oil are greatly reduced in that 'overdue' period. That leads to massive wear on engine parts, including the timing chain.

So when you look at some, check the service record. Ideally invoices, as stamps in a book can be fakes.

The nissan 4x4 centre can do the chain conversion for £900 with warranty great set of lads

Jeff, where is the nissan 4x4 centre (Is it in north east)?

Have you used them etc?

I live in in north tyneside and am looking for a reasonable local garage that can service my D40. Its out of warranty this month and never had much faith in main stealers anyway.

Spec. Aventura gets (I think) leather, Nav, heated and electric seats, sunroof. That was the difference when we had ours, I think (ours was a 2006).

On timing chains : the biggest killer is servicing. If people miss out services, or have them done late, then the lubricating properties of the oil are greatly reduced in that 'overdue' period. That leads to massive wear on engine parts, including the timing chain.

So when you look at some, check the service record. Ideally invoices, as stamps in a book can be fakes.

on the qg engines (1.5 and 1.8 petrol) the premature wear on the chains was due to nitrates (or nitrites, can never remember which) building up in the oil and attacking the bearings, did a few in my Nissan days, another thing that convinced me to stick to 5k oil change intervals