12g or 20g hushpower mossberg 500

gib211

Hi all I am currently looking at purchasing a mossberg hushpower 12g or 20g specifically for pigeon shooting in a semi raural area. I currently have a baikal mp18 hushpower 410 and very happy but It just donsnt put the rounds down quick enough for groups of birds. what the main point of the thread is which one do I choose 12 or 20 hushpower. pros and cons of both if poss as it is a fair amount to outlay for new mossey.

and I don't won't to get the wrong one.

Have you considered an Investarm 20g hushpower? An over/under with fully shrouded barrels, I imagine it would be quieter than a mossberg? I have a mossberg in .410 and it is still pretty noisy to be honest. I think a pump action would take a bit more getting used to when it comes to taking a quick second shot?

I've used a Hushpower 20G Mossberg 500 for pigeons and it is extremely effective (latest outing this morning) and the three shot capability is very useful.

Like any pump it takes a little getting used to, but is easy to clean, reliable and cycles any ammunition.

I also have 12G, but 20G is my favourite, For "general" game shooting or clays you can change to a standard barrel in seconds.

My 20G cycles anything - the 12G doesn't, but best results come from using a 70mm case.

I load 24gm to 32gm, high and low velocity (subsonic), plastic and fibre wad and lead or steel shot ... very versatile.

Any shell will fire because you're not depending on recoil to work the action, but shorter (65mm) cases can sometimes cause minor loading issues when "pumping" quickly to get that last escaping pigeon.

ah I see thanks paul,there is a lot of accessories for the mossbergs any you have or recommend?

I have looked at the investarm 20g mod and it is good value for a over under but the mossberg (new) with the mod and standard barrel seems to be unbeatable for the money that and the fact that when I apply for my fac I presume you can upgrade the mag tube on the mossberg?................the pigeons haven't a chance then :-p