Daystate Air Ranger, Arriving Today

evo

Evo mate, did you fit the barrel bands, I have the ranger FAC, no barrel band, do you think it's pays to fit them?

Regards

My Airwolf FAC has a barrel band, as does my Air Ranger. I am kind of in two minds about them. I guess it keeps everything locked to a degree. They have 3 tiny grub screws nipped up onto the bottle. If you do, and I have a couple of times, just catch the mod on something, the band can work against you and hold the barrel off zero. Its not a biggy, just slacken the grub screws off and let it return. The Air Arms s410 is the same.

I suppose in the event of a major clout, it might help protect, where the barrel enters the block, from damage.

Does it pay to put one on...............I would say its 50/50. I would probably prefer to have one on. There were comments bandied around a few years ago that the Daystate barrels had a tendancy to drop. Maybe it was/is to safeguard against that. Although the Wolverine doesn't wear one.

My Airwolf FAC has a barrel band, as does my Air Ranger. I am kind of in two minds about them. I guess it keeps everything locked to a degree. They have 3 tiny grub screws nipped up onto the bottle. If you do, and I have a couple of times, just catch the mod on something, the band can work against you and hold the barrel off zero. Its not a biggy, just slacken the grub screws off and let it return. The Air Arms s410 is the same.

I suppose in the event of a major clout, it might help protect, where the barrel enters the block, from damage.

Does it pay to put one on...............I would say its 50/50. I would probably prefer to have one on. There were comments bandied around a few years ago that the Daystate barrels had a tendancy to drop. Maybe it was/is to safeguard against that. Although the Wolverine doesn't wear one.

Cheers mate

reggie , I have them on all my rifles except the wolverines, I put them on for piece of mind and to make everything anti knock proof lol,,I wouldn,t be without them as I think it makes the rifle and shroud feel more secure bud,

they recon the wolverine doesn,t need one due to the barrel being further into the block if I,m right it about 1" further in so is very stable but if they do bring one out I will fit them to the wolverines as I do think it makes the gun and barrel feel very secure that's for sure, some people don't like them but I wouldn,t be without one

atb Evo

Well, here it is. The bolt was incredibly stiff (over greased and underused) and the bipod had been crimped onto the bottle clamp, but these are now sorted and it's nicely zeroed at 32yds.

This isn't my picture - the weather's been horrible and I need to change the scope, probably for a panorama ev - so until that happens you can make do with the original from the sales thread!

post-26888-0-95763600-1426437550_thumb.jpg

Well, here it is. The bolt was incredibly stiff (over greased and underused) and the bipod had been crimped onto the bottle clamp, but these are now sorted and it's nicely zeroed at 32yds.

This isn't my picture - the weather's been horrible and I need to change the scope, probably for a panorama ev - so until that happens you can make do with the original from the sales thread!

looks nice chris,,why didn,t you tell me it was for sale I would of bought it,,lol,,

welcome to the DAYSTATE FANATICS CLUB,, all I will say is it wont be your last,,

enjoy mate as they are a cracking rifle,,oh and first refusal if you ever want to sell

thanks mate I knew you would

atb Evo

looks nice chris,,why didn,t you tell me it was for sale I would of bought it,,lol,,

welcome to the DAYSTATE FANATICS CLUB,, all I will say is it wont be your last,,

enjoy mate as they are a cracking rifle,,oh and first refusal if you ever want to sell

thanks mate I knew you would

atb Evo

Why do you think I didn't tell you!

Already lined up a panorama ev 3-9x40 thanks to Marc, so it's going from one Air Ranger to another

Bob I've heard of Daystate fanatics but your exceptional lol. I was iffing an Arring about buying a Ranger before the B type come out. But I heard they weren't so good in FAC so opted as you know for the Wolverine instead. Don't think I'll be using the bipod on it from now on as I seem to shoot a lot better with out it.

Glad your enjoying your new rifle though bud, look forward to seeing some hunting pictures.

ATB

Gareth

Bob I've heard of Daystate fanatics but your exceptional lol. I was iffing an Arring about buying a Ranger before the B type come out. But I heard they weren't so good in FAC so opted as you know for the Wolverine instead. Don't think I'll be using the bipod on it from now on as I seem to shoot a lot better with out it.

Glad your enjoying your new rifle though bud, look forward to seeing some hunting pictures.

ATB

Gareth

I,m out every night this week Gareth on the rabbits,, so plenty of vids and pics coming up mate,,still cant understand why your wolv wont shoot on a bipod , mine is superb ,,,weird

It's an odd one Bob I'll give it that much bud. It's like out of a ten shot string, it will shoot 6 out of 10 on the mark or rounds about but at least 4 flyers that just shoot off randomly in directions, with the bipod. Never heard of a gun that shoots so erratic off a bipod never mind seen one, well until now.

I'll work it out bud in due course. I got a camera bracket here, so once I get a half decent camera I'll hopefull get some footage of what it's like shooting off the bipod and you can see for yourself.

One thing I'm sure of though is how heavy the bloody thing feels after half hour or so carrying it about. I'm 6ft 5" and 23 stone and I even found it very weighty after a time carrying it around the woods etc. compared to my other guns in defo need a bit more in the shoulder department to lug it about lol.

ATB

Gareth

look forward to seeing the vid or pictures,,have you spoken with Tony or Simon at daystate, if not give them a ring as its strange why it wont shoot off the bipod,,is it grouping ok on a rest ie shooting bag or ya coat etc

i know its not fair asking now as the air rangers new but out of the five which is your go to gun for every day hunting?

the wolverine b is by far my favourite, followed a very close second by my Airwolf tactical,,

if I could have a choice where I could only have one then it would be the huntsman classic,,it was my first daystate and my pride and joy, but the wolverine really takes some beating in .177

its a really hard question to answer cos not got to grips yet with the ranger, and the cdt well that is a truelly accurate gun and I love the power settings on it, handy for shooting pigeons in barns,

yep my go too gun is the wolverine b without a doubt

the wolverine c is superb mate but its in .22, when I use it ,, it is deadly and is zero,d in to 35yrds, but most of my shooting is done at night time, love shooting when its dark and I wont use a .22 whilst using a nv kit, reason being is judging distances is very difficult in the dark but I can compensate this by using a .177 with the flatter trajectory ,

I would use it any time in the day, very happy with it and certainly a keeper that's for sure