Hawke Night Eye scopes

Wookie

Seeing as I live right close to Deben, I've decided to get one of their scopes to aid my midnight lamping sessions.

Now, I'm currently using a Simmons 3-9x40 non-IR and, to be blunt, it sucks when I go out with the lamp.

I'm torn between the 3-9x50 IR and the 3-12x50 AO IR (the one with the parallax adjust), but it might have to go on a .22 (if the current plans come out in the wash). both have the illuminated Mil-Dot thingy and that's something I want to have.

So, I'm open to advice, opinions and other makes/models for what I can put on my air rifle and maybe a rifle when it all goes right.

Help me out. Do I need parallax, or is it just another excuse to take money off me?

Wookie

i have the 3x12x50 and must admit it's an excellent scope.

Not tried the IR lamping yet, but it was good on around setting 6-8 in the woods shooting squirells.

im not an advanced shooter myself so dont have much to say about this but that im made up with it.

The mil dot system is excellent :/

Wookie -- fine on pcp's, but on springers not so good i'm afraid.

i have got through 2 deben IR scopes, both on my HW98 , both within 20 -- 30 pellets useage, the eyebell glass came loose both times, now have a simmons 8 point on it and seems fine.

Darren .

ps the hw98 is under 12ftlbs, so not a recoil monster.

Wookie -- fine on pcp's, but on springers not so good i'm afraid.

i have got through 2 deben IR scopes, both on my HW98 , both within 20 -- 30 pellets useage, the eyebell glass came loose both times, now have a simmons 8 point on it and seems fine.

I use 3x12x50 illuminated mill-dot on .22 and .17 rimmy great scope they are aslo rated for Centre fire rifles cant under stand wookie's problem with them as they have a 30 year warranty

got the scope from local gunshop but i see J.S Ramsbottom are doing it for £55 with free delivery .. had it on hw77 its now on my tx200hc

very clear optics but when you turn the i.r right up it tends to overflood the lens but you should never really have it that far up

max about 4 then your better off using lamp .. hope this helps you but depends how much you have to spend

my brother uses a Simmons whitetail classic 3.5x10x50 (super nightview)

and it is the doggys nuts but i cant affoard (or the wife wont let me spend)£220

happy hunting

Murray <_<