Nicest Whisky Ever

Spike Chess

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like whiskey makes me boke. My late father however, he loved the stuff and preferred the Speyside malts. His favourite was inchgower. The smell of whiskey still reminds me of him. Its one of those drinks I wished I like.

Yes I am with you I wish I could learn to like it, it would be nice to sit by the fire when we go up to Scotland for the geese and have a nice wee dram with likeminded souls.

Drinking Whisky is like beauty being in the eye of the beholder.....it's purely a matter of personal taste!

Very much so in my opinion.

It can also be influenced by many things such as what you last ate, time of day, temperature (yours as well as the whisky) etc.

I do like whisky and I do have my favourites, some of those mentioned here taste awful to me.

+1 ive two bottles had for 15 years does whiskey improve with age in a bottle

remmy1100 all the changes to whisky takes place in the cask. Once in the bottle that's it. Well other than gaining in money if its a rare or collectible one ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I loved Glenlivet 18 year old until I tasted the Nadura cask from Glenlivet it has the best finish of any Whiskey I've had.

I love the Islay Malts the more peat the better. Laphroig and Ardberg are my favourite for a weekend tipple. Cardhu Gold Reserve is ok too.

Highland Park has been a family favourite for years.

• 8 months later...

I visited Islay last September an can honestly say the peaty whisky will always be up there for me. But i do like other types

Highland Park 12yo

Glendronach 18 yo

Old Pulteney 21yo

Arran 14 yo

and to my surprise a Invergordon grain whisky

To name but a few

Edited by Spike Chess

• 3 weeks later...

Just really starting out with my whiskies but top three personal favourites are Bushmills 1608. Bushmills 12 y/o distillery reserve and Glenfiddich 18y/o

A friend had a bottle of Yamazaki, unsure of the year but was very nicely surprised with it, lovely stuff.

On the other hand I will never get used to

Laphroaig, too much of an antiseptic taste/smell for me

Guest cookoff013

Just really starting out with my whiskies but top three personal favourites are Bushmills 1608. Bushmills 12 y/o distillery reserve and Glenfiddich 18y/o

A friend had a bottle of Yamazaki, unsure of the year but was very nicely surprised with it, lovely stuff.

On the other hand I will never get used to

Laphroaig, too much of an antiseptic taste/smell for me

Heathen!

Glen Garioch (pronounced Glen Geery) at Oldmeldrum.

I lived in Meldrum back in the 80's and bought 4 'empty' barrels from the distillery to use for garden planters.

My neighbour helped me saw them in half and while doing so we got a cup of whisky for our troubles. We sat in the garage and drank it...no health and safety then.

I wonder if it was like this, https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/2174/glen-garioch-1958-46-year-old

Edited by B25Modelman