Had an excellent day today on the clays near my families home in Cumbria. The place is called greenquarries and as the name suggests is essentially farmers land with an old quarry on it. The ground is very varied with some excellent traps. I couldn't recommend it enough. The place is run by Peter Hetherington (A CPSA coach) and his family. I went with my girlfriend and she thoroughly enjoyed it too. Admittedly I was shockingly bad at the bolting rabbit trap...

For any of you ladies out there that enjoy cakes as much as shooting the ground also hosts a number of Chelsea Bun and Shotgun Club events.

11025945_10152766940112986_1842237774439

11051803_10152766940527986_4077637129396

I enquired about this place a few years ago as it's on my doorstep and was told commercial days and supervised tuition only. Has this changed? Is it now open as a clay shooting ground to the general public?

No it's still supervised tuition only. But I could do with a few lessons, I'm very new to everything shotgun. Been in a target rifle club for a while now, but I really enjoy the clays.