any p.w members tie there own flies

road-runner

hi all thinking of taking up fly fishing after 30 year break.WE used to have a lot of success with a

Gordon Frasier brown and green leaded nymph.have searched on line can`t find anything.can anyone find

the pattern and tie me some.would like some in my box as a confidence booster.pm me price.cheers.

hi all thinking of taking up fly fishing after 30 year break.WE used to have a lot of success with a

Gordon Frasier brown and green leaded nymph.have searched on line can`t find anything.can anyone find

the pattern and tie me some.would like some in my box as a confidence booster.pm me price.cheers.

if you put a picture up of one then someone may be able to copy it for you

colin

Think about joining the Flydresser's Guild road-runner, most flys go out of fashion over a period of time, they should have an old hand who will probably know what you want and be happy to tie you a few. Who knows you may get the "bug" yourself. Each water commands it's own patterns, whether it is a large reservoir, small still water, river or stream, and depending which of the latter you prefer to fish will dictate to a certain extent what would be best, as I am sure you will know. I have fished my 2 acre still water lake for many years and find a Caddis, wet or dry, does the trick to save the day after I have been adventurous at the off set and failed to catch, regards F.

It was tied on a longshank hook and had a thorax / body of half fiery brown half dark green seals fur with a thorax cover of pheasant tail in the fraser nymph style. I have his book somewhere and if I can find it i'll try and make some and post some pics to see if they are what you remember.

thanks bazooka joe close but not what I am after.Need a fly tier who has the old pattern and is willing to make me 10 or 20.for a small fee.

Looks like the original has a long shank hook, & a different coloured tail.......apart from that the links the same, easy peasy pattern to tie.

• 2 weeks later...