hook 8 to 12 longshank

silk brown

rib clear nylon

tail olive dyed hackle fibres

abdomen and thorax mixed olive and brown seals fur

thorax case and legs cock pheasant tail fibres

if some one could tie this for you i think it will not be far out

not tied for 30 odd years will perhaps find my gear and see if i have anything

would really appreciate it.i know there are plenty of modern flies that catch.but these really worked on are local waters.plus now I have started this quest. I really want to get it right.cheers.

Original Tying from Frasers Book.

Hook - Longshank 10 to 14

Silk - Fawn

Rib - Domestic Cotton, fawn coloured

Tail and Abdomen - Between 6 and 12 fibres from the hen pheasant tail, depending on hook size. Tips form tails, the rest forms the abdomen.

Thorax - Creamy beige fur blend

Thorax Case and Legs - Hen pheasant tail,tied in with tips pointing to the rear, then brought over the thorax to form legs. Roughly divide the tips to slope back on each side of the thorax, then tie down and whip finish.

Send the picture to Caithness quality flies, he'll do them for you. Top quality hand made beauties he produces

Hook - Longshank 10 to 14Silk - FawnRib - Domestic Cotton, fawn colouredTail and Abdomen - Between 6 and 12 fibres from the hen pheasant tail, depending on hook size. Tips form tails, the rest forms the abdomen.Thorax - Creamy beige fur blendThorax Case and Legs - Hen pheasant tail,tied in with tips pointing to the rear, then brought over the thorax to form legs. Roughly divide the tips to slope back on each side of the thorax, then tie down and whip finish.

There you go

Hook - Longshank 10 to 14

Silk - Fawn

Rib - Domestic Cotton, fawn coloured

Tail and Abdomen - Between 6 and 12 fibres from the hen pheasant tail, depending on hook size. Tips form tails, the rest forms the abdomen.

Thorax - Creamy beige fur blend

Thorax Case and Legs - Hen pheasant tail,tied in with tips pointing to the rear, then brought over the thorax to form legs. Roughly divide the tips to slope back on each side of the thorax, then tie down and whip finish.

Joe think you will find that is the Fraser Nymph not the brown and green Nymph

After bazooka joe mentioned Frasers book i recalled i had a copy the problem was where after a few house moves but found it in the end

Have just found the brown and green nymph as follows

can be leaded or not

hook longshank 8.10.or12

silk brown

rib clear nylon

tail olive hackle fibres

abdomen a 50/50 mix of fiery brown and dark green seals fur

thorax as bove

wing case and legs cock pheasant tail fibres (tied fraser nymph style)

• 3 weeks later...

well I went yesterday afternoon for 2 hours just to see if I could still cast. tied on a brown & green nymph a friend at the gun club tied for me .started to get follows added some lead had take next cast. ended the day with 3stockie browns and 1 good rainbow.could only get takes at the end of the lift off.everybody else seemed to be float fishing.lol.