Facebook business account

Scully

Right, please bear with me. had a FB page some years ago but stopped going on it when I started receiving 30 plus emails a day but never deactivated the account.

Today, speaking to a colleague she told me I should have a FB business account as she is getting quite a bit of work through hers. Went on today but as I have a personal account I can't have a business account so deactivated the personal account. The problem is, as soon as I put in my name my email address pops up, which means FB is obviously still remembering my password for that email address so will not allow me to continue with a different password. So much for deactivating my account.

I don't want to change or create another email address as my current one is on my website, letterheads, invoices etc.

How do I create a FB business account or page but keep my current email address? Or, how do I properly deactivate my FB account and start afresh using my current email address? Many thanks.

You can have a Business page and a personal page, in fact you have to since personal users are granted admin rights to business pages.

For example I started off as a personal user and then became the administrator for a few client's business pages. When I decided to close my personal account I could no longer administer business pages so had to assign admin priviliges to another personal user.

I think you have to ask FB to permanently delete your account otherwise it is just put on hold. Even when you do ask them it takes 14 days to go through.

I've just tried the same thing, but I had to have a personal FB account first, then I managed to make a separate FB business page. as far as I can tell it is a lot of faff for not much return if you aren't prepared to spend a lot of time posting stuff and looking for friends, it just isn't worth doing if you are doing it half-hearted.

Serious reply not meant facetiously at all: see if you can find a child (or at least someone under 23) to help you. Even though they will probably have no experience of this particular issue, and even if they seem incapable of doing anything in life like even getting up the morning, they will be able to work out any problem with Facebook in 15 minutes just by having a look. It's like the air that they breath.

Like I say, serious answer based on my experiences.

Many thanks all. My daughter (18) managed to deactivate my account but grew as frustrated as me when my name kept reactivating it through my email address.

Will have another go today and see if I can have a 'page' as well as the personal one, as suggested. Will just have to set privacy conditions or whatever it's called to stop getting tripe from people such as 'is your Daddy in heaven?' and 'anybody garn t' Penrith? Got a parcel t' pick up at Argos'. :)