SILVERSTONE F1

Browning 425 clay hunter

Evening all, me and a few mates were chatting today and came up with the idea of going watching the full weekend of F1 this year......... So my question is has anyone been to the silverstone F1 race and if so is there any tips/advice. Thanks in advance. ATB 425

Edited by Browning 425 clay hunter

Hi. I have been the last 3 years :good: .Camping is Excellent. If you are going for general access, be prepared to get up early to get a good spot.

If you are getting grandstand seats, get drunk :ninja: get up late :ninja: get to seat just before the action starts :yahoo:

Which ever way, you'll have a great time. Atmosphere is awsome.

Edited by WRX_Soldier

My son and I used to go every year still schuey packed in the 1st time.Really expensive weekend,hotels are rediculous prices if you can find one,even the holiday inns where charging £200 a night.We used to get roaming tickets but even these got stupid when Button went through a good spot and Hamilton came on the scene. Be careful when buying tickets though loads of people one year had duffs,I only buy direct from Silverstone. Do the helicopter ride,it's mint we ended up watching qualifying on the inside of the circuit one year.

post-30855-0-74871000-1427230002_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

Went for years before the pricing got silly......

started off sleeping in cars went to camping went to taking a motorhome.....thats the best way if you can afford it

The above advice is spot on from WRX.......

Dont go with the idea of enjoying the racing.......you will be disappointed as you dont get to see that much but if you go for the whole experience ie Friday - Sunday then with a bunch of mates its a great weekend

nowadays they are pricing it out of the reach of a lot of people......look at Germany.....they can't afford to stage it this year as the people just cant afford the prices so went from 120,000 people in the heyday down to 55,000 last year

Grandstands is the best option

:shaun:

Monaco is my least favourite race of the year but also the only one I'd consider spending silly money just for the experience of being there. Spending a grand or more to wander around the fringes of a track not seeing the race is my idea of hell.

Been in the pit lane etc, as mate works for one of the teams that are doing really well,pit lane is good and inner circuit,lots of celebs.Grand stand seat is expensive,last time I went was Italy and I got to see the cars for 3 seconds as they roared past,whilst roasting under the sun.

I would suggest going to the testing at Silverstone,cheap and you get to sit in seats that would cost £400 on race day,once bored you can just move round the track,this would help choose where you wanted to sit on race day.

Don't know how loud new cars are but you needed ear protection with the old ones.

Don't forget to set it to record so you can watch it properly when you get home !

Used to get contractors passes from a customer and we also had an exhibition truck called the Jaminator on Becketts one year. A balcony, loads of drinks and a car pass to trackside... those were the days.

Enjoy it whichever way you choose, everyone needs to go to at least one F1 and one Touring car race day.

Spa Francorchamp is far better than Silverstone ... Silverstone is limited for the spectator .. Ive been to a good few and Spa is the one to go see. Monaco is exciting but again as a spectator, doesnt better Spa. The steepness of eau rouge has to be seen to believed ... though in truth Le Man 24 hour is better !!

Shame there is music on the video, but its an insight into Le Mans "the greatest motor race in the world" ...

Watch "Porsche 917 Le Mans" on YouTube - Porsche 917 Le Mans: https://youtu.be/I32OpYaoX-8

Edited by hoggysreels

How come, I'm guessing as you went your into Motorsport so what spoilt it for you ?

Thanks wrx- the grandstand sounds more like my cup of tea.

I get paid at the end of the month so we will be booking tickets then.

We went for the day, tried to get there as early as possible but still got stuck in traffic (which I believe has improved massively now) being flat you can't really see masses of the track and we were sat waaay back from the circuit anyway.

Just wasn't for me.

For £350 these days I would have a VIP day at the Goodwood Revival or maybe go back to Le Mans for the weekend.

Lucky to say I have reserved seating for all the F1 races this year.

Same one I had last year. Plush red and reclining with cushions for extra comfort. Footstool is provided by way of a yellow lab called Merlyn.

Waitress, The Memsahib, attends to almost my every need.

With the Sky remote to hand instant replays are constantly available.

Race can be paused for comfort breaks and start time can be arranged to suit domestic situation and other appointments.

Cost - Nothing extra to normal outlays.

Fantastic value and service.

Lucky to say I have reserved seating for all the F1 races this year.

Same one I had last year. Plush red and reclining with cushions for extra comfort. Footstool is provided by way of a yellow lab called Merlyn.

Waitress, The Memsahib, attends to almost my every need.

With the Sky remote to hand instant replays are constantly available.

Race can be paused for comfort breaks and start time can be arranged to suit domestic situation and other appointments.

Cost - Nothing extra to normal outlays.

Fantastic value and service.

like!

Reckoned to be the finest Le Mans car of its era, possibly of all time. The rumour is that the last few cars at the pinnacle of development produced over 1,000hp unturbocharged!!

We were there the year the Jags finally beat them, the French were shaking our hands with delight - happy days :)

Spa Francorchamp is far better than Silverstone ... Silverstone is limited for the spectator .. Ive been to a good few and Spa is the one to go see. Monaco is exciting but again as a spectator, doesnt better Spa. The steepness of eau rouge has to be seen to believed ... though in truth Le Man 24 hour is better !!

Shame there is music on the video, but its an insight into Le Mans "the greatest motor race in the world" ...

Watch "Porsche 917 Le Mans" on YouTube - Porsche 917 Le Mans:

Shame they can't renovate the old Spa banked section of track. TV just doesn't give you any idea of the terrain and climbs plus you can walk ALL the way around the track to view. It's a bloody long walk up and down those hills though. I had a 'gold' seat in grandstand directly at end of the start straight to see the first hairpin and pit exit but I'd save my money next time and get general admission and walk around.